Manage the residential mortgage lending operations with direct oversight for originations, processing, underwriting and closing functions. Implement overall operational systems and procedures relating to the mortgage lending function to create a superior member experience. Maximize the effectiveness of owned processes and documented procedures. Provide leadership in establishing and maintaining an environment of continuous process improvement. Serve as the vendor manager for the loan origination systems that support the line of business.
Ensure that loan requests are originated, processed, underwritten, approved and closed in accordance with internal polices, external regulations and secondary market requirements. Manage staffing levels to appropriate levels based on fluctuating volumes.
Examine opportunities to develop new distribution channels to prepare for changes in the industry related to housing finance reform. Work with the Operations Manager to initiate change and process improvement to the overall mortgage lending process.
Assemble, motivate, develop, and recognize a competent staff to meet the current and future objectives of Mortgage Lending.
Develop and manage the department including assigned projects and reports in a timely manner and within budget
Manage third party vendors to ensure they are producing expected results in a timely and cost effective manner
• B.A. or B.S. in a business related discipline, or equivalent banking experience
• Minimum 7 years experience managing residential real estate processing and underwriting
• Excellent analytical, communication and people management skills
• Proven supervisory and team leadership experience
• Strong analytical, negotiation, and computer skills
• Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Must complete submission of application to the NMLS within the first week of employment and subsequently be successfully registered as a Mortgage Loan Originator through ESL
ESL Federal Credit Union - 2 years ago