The purpose of this position is to oversee and manage the enrolling and processingof all new residential, commercial, and industrial customers to the utility’s distribution system, promote top-line growth and to assist and support the existing customer base in adding incremental loadThe individual in this role will work with internal and external parties to ensure that we develop and maintain consistent and supportive customer facing opportunities. This individual’s organization generates approximately $10 to $15 million in capital additions to the company on an annual basis.
- Manages the customer on-boarding experience to ensure all customers are extended service in as timely and cost-effective manner as possible.
- Prepares, monitors and executes on departmental O&M and Capital New Business budgets
- Develops strategic marketing plan.
- Analyzes and interprets key new business metrics
- Works to develop innovative programs to increase market share, market penetration and revenues in residential, commercial and industrial market segments.
- Sets strategic direction to drive margin growth
- Analyzes sales data in order to build feedback loops, set sales goals and provide reporting and forecasting.
- Evaluates strategic projects and prioritizes based upon project merits and returns to Company.
- Interprets barriers and challenges to market and develops programs to overcome obstacles.
- Manages staff selection and performance development through coaching and training opportunities.
- Presents departmental performance and reports on the progression of major projects to key internal stakeholders at the director and/or executive level
- Establishes and monitors work goals that are consistent with the department’s and corporation’s overall strategy
- Drives results through performance management of staff including setting expectations, evaluating results and taking corrective action as needed
- Achieves success through empowering others and delegating tasks and responsibilities to lower levels of the organization.
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures resulting from “lessons learned” meetings and “root cause” studies
Related Work Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 3+ years of sales utility experience or 7+ years of salesexperience
- Past experience working with Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Gas utility knowledge
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- MS Excel and Word proficiency
- Experience with AGLR systems including AGLR’s Work Management, GIS, and Project Costing (Accounting) specifically JTSS, PCTS and NBA Tracking
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
- The incumbent works in an office environment with occasional trips to the field
- This position occasionally requires walking of construction sites and could require the individual to bend, kneel, or crouch from time to time.
AGL Resources is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
AGL Resources - 11 months ago