Roll Global is a privately held, U.S. $2 billion
corporation with diverse interests including
agriculture, consumer packaged goods, floral services
and more. With more than 4,000 employees, Roll Global is
a fast-growing company that maintains its
entrepreneurial spirit and high-energy, results-oriented
atmosphere. As a privately held business, the company
has the freedom to make long-term decisions that are
good for the business, its consumers, its employees and
At Roll Global we are expanding our Safety Department
and are currently looking to add a Manager of
Occupational Safety Programs. The Manager, Occupational
Safety Programs will be responsible for the development,
communication, implementation and monitoring of the
Occupational Safety Management System for Roll Global,
LLC and its companies to protect the organization’s most
important assets: its people, its equipment and
facilities, its brands and ultimately its reputation. To
ensure compliance with applicable regulatory
requirements, act as a resource and subject matter
expert for internal and external customers in matters
relating to occupational safety related concerns.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
development, communication, implementation and
- Responsible for providing leadership for the
monitoring of the Occupational Safety Management
System for Roll Global, LLC and its companies.
in in the areas of occupational safety; advise
- Provide vision, leadership, and technical expertise
management on loss control and risk reduction
strategies; provide consultation and technical
assistance to multiple companies and locations.
well as monitoring site practices and conditions.
- Trains, mentors, and coaches business partners as
to maintain clear lines of communication and
- Communicates effectively with all business partners
consistent execution of programs.
regulatory agency inquiries or inspections;
- Coordinate the response to all federal and/or state
represent the organization in the community and in
industry occupational safety groups and programs.
trends, problems, and opportunities to reduce losses
- Track and provide insight into common issues,
and incident costs; maintain information and
performance measurement systems to ensure that loss
information is tracked and effectively communicated.
professional development of internal resources.
- Provide guidance and direction to ensure the
vendors as necessary to ensure compliance with
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies and outside
operations in addressing assessment recommendations
- Identifies and implements best practices.
- Participates on internal assessment team; assist
federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable corporate,
requirements, particularly on a state and local
- Remain informed on developing regulatory
level; identify potential impact to Roll Global, LLC
and its companies.
practices to ensure they are current and
- Review internal occupational safety policies and
Requirements and Minimum Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety or related
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant occupational safety
Management Systems such as OHSAS 18001 or OSHA’s VPP
- Possesses a thorough knowledge Occupational Safety
and their implementation.
skills along with ability to influence and/or
- Consistently demonstrates strong interpersonal
material, including technical information, rules,
- Ability to understand and interpret written
regulations, agency rules, executive orders and
laws; conduct tests and inspect work areas,
machinery, equipment and working conditions for
compliance with occupational safety, environmental
and security regulations.
equipment (PPE); meet physical demands of position
- Requires the ability to wear personal protective
such as walking, standing, lifting up to 40 pounds,
climbing ladders and stairs, bending, squatting, and
crawling in tight spaces to safely access work
regulations for industry: OSHA,DOT,NFPA, etc.
- Requires a sound knowledge of relevant federal
quantitative analytical skills.
- Excellent problem solving techniques and
Desirable Qualifications Experience:
- Ability to travel approximately 30%
by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals,
- Designation as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Certified Safety & Health Manager (CSHM), by the
Institute of Safety & Health Management, or
possession of other applicable certification.
management of Process Safety Management.
- Knowledge & experience in implementations and
18001, or OSHA VPP
- Experience in the implementation of ISO 14001, OHSAS
necessary to be effective with a wide range of
- Requires leadership and interpersonal skills
personnel; ability to work effectively in teams and
- Requires a working knowledge of budget preparation
written communications skills.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and
applications, e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
Req. Code : 3887
Division/Department : Roll Global LLC
Roll Global LLC - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Paramount Farming Co., LLC
- 30 days ago
Volt Workforce Solutions
Volt Workforce Solutions
- 13 days ago
Director of Rehab
Interface Rehab, Inc.
Interface Rehab, Inc.
- 11 hours ago