Develop, implement and track the sales tools and processes necessary to support HUSA’s vision of upscale beer segment leadership in Off Premise Channels and Key Customers
Plan and prepare
- Tool Development: Create strategic selling tools for National Accounts and Regional sales teams to drive Commercial Priorities against key brands leveraging available data for Off Premise Channels – Grocery, Liquor, Club, Convenience and Drug.
- Leverage channel specific data -7-Exchange, Rite Insight, Retail Link, Dunnhumby
- Address key package opportunities by channel
- Anticipate competitive issues
- Provide voice of the retailer to enable successful sell-in of HUSA NPI
- Retailer needs assessment: Serve as key contributor to development, execution and tracking of Heineken GPS Account Planning. Retailer category plans and objectives should be reflected in program development briefs.
- Drive standardized analytical template development
- Share Best Demonstrated Practices
- Enable GPS Light
- Track results and implementation
- Sales tool development deployment : Collaborate with Business Development team to enable localization and usage of selling tools for the entire sales organization.
- Support shelf strategy and assortment leadership efforts with fact based insights :
- Leverage EZ Mix
- Leverage Shopper Insights
Measure and improve
- Sales Tools: Develop, maintain and refresh a suite of Off Premise selling tools, customizable by channel and key account.
- Internal Training: Work with L & D team to incorporate tools into planned training programs. Create webinar and in-person training programs and follow-up in-market to ensure adoption of tools
- External Training: Collaborate with BDD team and market mangers to train top market distributors on selling tools and Green Standard
- Ensure execution of tools with targeted distributors within HUSA network.
- Heineken GPS (Growth and Profit Solutions): Develop a set of category planning and development principles that will support our upscale leadership aspiration with key Off Premise customers and establish a clear ‘point of view” for HUSA on beer category management.
- Sales Portal: House, update and maintain all sales tools on the portal
- Sales Tool Training adoption: Oversee the assessment of tools training. Assessment includes whether tools and practices have been implemented, how well the tools are being implemented and how the tools have affected sales.
- Key package distribution and rate of sale growth: Track a sample of “green standard” accounts.
- “Success story” selling: Track “success stories” and utilize them for selling purposes.
Background / Experiences:
- Category, Portfolio and Brand Understanding
- Channel, Shopper and Off-Premise understanding
- Route to Market Profitability
- Financial and business acumen
- Strategic business planning and development
- Training knowledge
To Apply email resumes to Stephen Sietsema at email@example.com
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in Category Management, Retail Sales or Trade Marketing in major CPG categories
- Proficiency with syndicated data – Spectra, IRI/Nielsen
- Experience building retail selling tools required
- Experience in shopper insight generation preferred
- Familiarity with leading space management and data aggregation applications – Apollo, Rich Mix, Data Alchemy
- Experience working with beverage distribution model preferred
- Exposure to product innovation development and implementation required
- Retail marketing experience preferred
- Clean driving record required
- Must be willing to travel
- Undergraduate degree required
Heineken is one of the world's leading brewers, with a wide international presence through a global network of distributors and breweries....