Job Code OPE012466 Manager Ops -
3 positions available - 1st Shift, 2nd Shift and 3rd Shift
This position is responsible for the performance of multiple operating locations in assigned sub-region. This includes, but is not limited to: Meeting daily customer shipping expectations, delivering against customer contract metrics, budget adherence, labor and asset management, and developing operational improvement programs to drive efficiency and effectiveness. Responsible for supervising team made up of typically exempt associates; includes providing training, monitoring work quality, coaching employees on performance and contributing to employee pay decision/changes. Hire, direct, train, and support established business controls to support distribution facility operations. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers by determining work procedures, preparing work schedules, and expediting workflow by properly utilizing employees and their hours.
Scope and Accountability:
- Work with site manager to define requirements for operations and ensure that the implementation of new strategies and initiatives to effectively meet or exceed these requirements as well as customer expectations
- Focus on LEAN techniques, quality management processes, and cost control methodologies within the operations to achieve company goals & profit levels; continued business growth; and long term relationships with customers.
- Assigns duties and monitors work completion for accuracy
- Manages performance continually; develops associates by providing training and coaching.
- Maintains a safe work environment and fosters a positive team dynamic, resolving employee relations issues and administering corrective action as required
- Ensures daily distribution and light manufacturing activities are executed and accountable for performance shortfalls - develop corrective action plans when performance falls below target
- Supervises and develops staff and otherwise carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Responsible for exceeding customer metrics (cost, quality, and responsiveness)
- Implement and coach Lean Warehousing System and processes
- Lead start-up activities with cross functional teams
- Daily interaction with internal and external customer is required
- Personnel scheduling to support all shifts and accounts, plan and organize staff workload
- Maintain documentation of processes that are followed by the department
- Train associates so an up to date understanding of processes, policies and procedures are maintained.
Responsible for planning and end results through management of team(s); defines roles and responsibilities, plans for the department's future needs and operations, counsels employees on performance and contributes to employee pay decisions/changes; may manage through other supervisors; or responsible for a small service center or warehouse. Contributes to the standards around which others will operate.
Knowledge: . Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Degree in Logistics or related field preferred. (experience may substitute for education) MBA is a plus.
o OSHA, EH&S and MSDS regulations/compliance knowledge
- Must have capabilities to manage multiple tasks at the same time; and must have very high work level capacity.
- Financial Management and experience managing a budget
- Project Management
- Understanding of Transportation Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Strong organizational and time management skills; specifically documentation of all issues, communication with customers
- Strong systems aptitude and must be proficient in MS Office application, with emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Production and labor planning/optimization
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)- Material handling equipment and storage medium.
- Distribution & Inventory management
- Security and Safety:
o Safety programs knowledge
o Generate and Communicate metrics reporting.
- Planning--Strategic and/or Tactical
o Operational execution
o Quality management system knowledge
o LEAN Warehousing
o ISO Knowledge *
o System process / orientation
o Experience in ERP systems.
o Knowledge of behavioral interviewing & selection process
o Delegation and review of work
o Goal setting
o Written and verbal skills with peers, subordinates, management and customers.
o Meeting Facilitation.
o Exhibits judgment in leading others to objectives
o Personal ownership and accountability
o Positive corporate citizen
o Development of employees
o Provide challenging and level-appropriate assignment
o Constructive feedback (delivering and receiving)
o Decision Making and Problem Solving
o Able to use systematic approach in decision-making
o Exhibit judgment and understanding of issues
o Team Orientation
§ Commitment to task
§ Versatility--able to modify personal style
Experience: This Position requires 5-10 years managerial experience (Education may substitute for years of experience) providing overall direction, implementation, and continuous improvement of logistics solutions in all phases of warehousing and distribution.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to travel by airplane and automobile; stand; walk; sit; use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The duties of this job are performed in both an office environment and a light industrial environment, thereby experiencing some minor to moderate level of noise due to office equipment and industrial equipment. Must be willing to travel 35% of the time
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer M/F/D/V
Con-way (no relation to Twit-ty) provides trucking and logistics services. Con-way Freight, the company's less-than-truckload (LTL)...