The role is responsible for ensuring operations processes and standard operating procedures are followed and managing the flow of product through the distribution center and delivered to our customers in a timely manner. Responsible for managing all aspects of a medium sized distribution center function including associates, staffing, budgets and processes. Responsible for achieving all functional KPIs including operations expenses, safety goals, continuous improvement initiatives, and operational goals.
' Core Values.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of multiple departments ensuring a productive, safe and inclusive work environment.
- Achieves productivity, process and quality goals for areas of responsibility. Identifies and removes barriers to achieving departmental goals.
- Ensures adequate staffing levels according to the departments’ workload. Coordinates necessary staffing changes across departments based on projected volume.
- Ensures proper safety focus and required safety processes/training are implemented.
- Maintains functional plans around workforce planning, communications planning, and operational planning.
- Understands and demonstrates United Stationers
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning, change management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems, achieve results and foster strong customer service orientation.
- High degree of initiative, team building and dedication to effective positive change.
- Intermediate computer skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or related discipline required.
- Minimum five years of job related experience required.
United Stationers - 17 months ago
Don't think that United Stationers is just another paper pusher. The company is a leading wholesale distributor of office supplies and...