Join the Industry Pioneer.
Launch an exciting career at Southern Air, the premier global air cargo service provider! We operate a fleet of B747-400’s and are the only ACMI operator of B777F’s, providing a wide range of air cargo services for the World’s Flag Carriers, Charter Brokers, Shippers and Governments.
Great talent is the key to our success, and we strive to create an environment where employees are enabled to contribute to their full potential by leveraging their unique experiences, perspective, and viewpoints. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers, and providing our employees the ultimate career opportunity… being part of a multi-cultural, global community which is shaping the future of our organization and touches the lives of people all over the world.
The Manager of Operations Planning is responsible for the coordination of all Southern Air network flying. The Manager of Operations Planning develops a planning methodology that enhances business practices & operational effectiveness.
• Obtain and manage all traffic rights, airport slots, and over flight privileges
• Assist the marketing department with route analysis studies
• Perform airport suitability analysis
• Coordinate all Southern Air charter flight activity
• Conduct all Southern Air flight scheduling
• File landing requests and reports with appropriate governmental authorities
• Perform detailed analysis of costs and operational impact associated with a specific routes, areas of operation, or other related requests
• Create operational performance presentations
• Formulate strategic plans for network contingencies in the event of operational disruptions
• Build, track and manage operational briefing information for internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Must Possess FAA Dispatch License
- Experience with obtaining over flight and traffic rights preferred
- Must have knowledge of FAR 121 Operations
- ETOPS, B777, and B744 Experience Preferred
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be detail oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hours are M-F 8:30am-5:00pm, but position is on call 24/7
- Some travel required
Southern Air is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V