Posting Job Title: Manager, Physical Security and Policy Awareness
Requisition #: 142461BR
Posting Location: United States - Ohio - Columbus
Area of Interest: Facilities/Security
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description:
Manager Physical Security and Policy Awareness
Plans and directs the markets security program under the management of the Market Director of Security Operations. Accountable for ensuring that the security programs and strategies of the organization are effectively implemented and maintained. Directs facility assessments, recommends security resources or equipment, conducts personnel training, and implements policies and procedures which ensure the protection of company personnel, assets and information. Manages contingent worker policy compliance. Manages the activities of technical and support staff within the department. Budgetary responsibility for outsourced security services .Represents the security department on various market and/or area committees and working groups.
45% Directs planning for security operations and activities throughout the Market, including physical security systems, employee/executive protection, employee and contractor training and guard force management
25% Develops strategic relationships and acts as liaison between Time Warner Cable and law enforcement agencies, emergency management agencies and leadership at Federal, state and local levels
15% Manages the facility security assessment process and ensures compliance with security standards, policies and procedures
15% Cultivates skilled security professionals within the market by assigning responsibility, managing accountability and providing opportunities for growth
Four to six years relevant leadership experience in Military or law enforcement supervision. Seven to ten years total relevant work experience with budgetary matters, personnel and process management.
Additional Required Skills
Required Minimum Education:
- Comprehensive understanding of physical security standards, policies and procedures
- Experience with managing complex deployments of access control, intrusion detection, video management systems and guard force management
- Training capabilities for site security/facility assessments
- Development and maintenance of professional working relationships with various law enforcement agencies. Often acts as single point of contact with law enforcement in cases involving employees, contractors or customers.
- Complete understanding and working experience with high-threat events such as terminations, special events and other tactical security deployments.
Other Significant Attributes from the Job:
- Bachelor's degree
- PSP, CPP desired
Approximately 50% of job is long term in nature:
Magnitude & Autonomy of Decision Making
- Develop strategy for protection TWC’s infrastructure at the market-level
- Develops tool-sets and process which continually enhance the physical security of the market
- Has influence over team members; encourages focus on results
- Develops employees to provide organizational bench strength
- Manages market-wide access and CCTV systems which protect our personnel and assets
- Resolves complex problems that arise at work everyday
Financial Accountability/Level of Interaction:
- Requires daily decision making capabilities and actions that are not reviewed by supervisor
- Has responsibility for making decisions for a project team with a defined scope of responsibility
- Market-wide responsibilities for physical security supervisors and coordinators which are responsible for the daily protection of TWC’s personnel and physical assets.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of Federal, state or local regulations relevant to the company, i.e., PCI, CPNI, SOX, HIPAA, and data privacy affecting theft of cable service.
- Must have a complete understanding of the criminal justice, court system and private security regulations.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills, as well as the ability to deal with all levels of people, both inside and outside the company.
- Represent TWC both internally (various committees and projects) and externally (local, state and federal law enforcement agencies).
Level of Interaction:
- Management of the market level physical security systems and personnel both internal and contingent (system contractors and security services). Provides budgetary recommendations to the Market Director of Security Operations and Sr. Director of Regional Security Operations.
GVP/RVP/VP 5% Presentations concerning infrastructure upgrades & capital projects
SR Director/Director 25% Coordination of resources for the effective management of TWC infrastructure
Below Director 30% Coordination of resources for the effective management of TWC infrastructure
Non-interactive time 40% Management of personnel & systems
Yes- 10-49 employees in Physical Security, Training, Threat Management, and Contingent Worker Compliance.
More on TWC
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
FCC Unit_TWC: 0534
Controlling Establishment ID: 00026 - Columbus Olentangy
Time Warner Cable - 24 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...