Socotherm (a ShawCor company) is a leading provider of thermal insulation coatings, anti-corrosion coatings, internal coatings, and concrete weight coatings for onshore and offshore pipelines. Our coating facilities are located in key energy producing regions around the world such as the Americas, Europe and Africa. Two research and development centers, located in Italy and Argentina, support Socotherm in developing unique and innovative coating solutions for the world’s pipelines.
This key role will be an essential part of the management team and provide the Human Resources leadership and support to a high volume industrial plant supplying the oil and gas industry in the Gulf of Mexico.
- In partnership creates, manages and is accountable for aligning site HR strategy with division and corporate
- In partnership creates and accountable for HR dept. budget
- Supports the implementation of organization development plans aligned to divisional imperatives
- Coaches siteleaders on organization effectiveness / high performance efforts
TALENT MANAGEMENT: RECRUITMENT/SELECTION/RETENTION
SALARY INCENTIVE & ADMINISTRATION
- Partners with hiring managers to recruit and select salaried personnel,
- Evaluates, recommends and approves recruitment strategies for salaried and hourly employees
- Develops and oversees the implementation of retention programs
HR PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE / PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT / PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
- Creates employee communications regarding compensation, benefit and incentive programs.
- Coordinates performance results and incentive payouts
- Overall champion and manager of site HR process improvements, process mapping/documentation practices, standards and procedures.
- Coaches executives and managers in appropriate people management best practices, i.e. performance management, coaching, discipline, reward & recognition and exit strategies
- Day to day employee relations and progressive discipline issues
HR SUPPORT SYSTEMS
- Ensures service processes are implemented
- Recommends improvements to HR transactional processes and opportunities for deploying technology for efficiency and effectiveness of divisional processes
- Ensures the integrity and accuracy of HR information
- Leads integration of site systems and practices with ShawCor systems and best practices
- Bachelor’s or associates degree in business, human resources or related subject
- 5+ years working as an HR manager in a large industrial setting
- Strong ability to coach and/or counsel others (all levels managers, indirect reports)
- Interest/ability to work within matrix HR environment, ability to work effectively with a variety of HR management, professionals and administrative personnel from different locations, and parts of the organization.
- Works effectively with and able to adapt to both plant and office individuals in the organization (employee, supervisor, manager, general manager and executive-level individuals) from a variety of disciplines, job levels and locations.
- Strong communications skills in English – ability to speak Spanish a plus
We thank all applicants for their interest; however we cannot accept telephone calls regarding this position. All recruiting activities are managed via our Recruitment Management System and you must apply via the link below or the posting on our career page at www.shawcor.com/careers to be considered for this opportunity.
ShawCor Ltd. - 23 months ago