REQ ID: 4641
LOCATION: Imlay City, MI 48444
Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs an average of approximately 4,300 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages Leadership brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® shelf-stable pickles and Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups and Foundation brands such as Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages Leadership brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and
Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged meals and Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® seafood and Foundation brands such as Lender's® bagels, Celeste® pizza, Hungry-Man® dinners and entrées and Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® Kettle Style Potato Chips, Erin’s® Popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® in addition to our food service and private label businesses. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company ranked on Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Top 1000 companies list.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for planning and implementing all plant activities to assure optimum productivity, efficiency, and material utilization are obtained while conforming to all product quality specifications, standards, and policies in the manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution of all products. This position is responsible for providing effective leadership that will encourage all personnel to perform to the best of their ability and to develop to their fullest potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
• Direct all aspects of the operation including, but not limited to, manufacturing, environmental, health & safety, and administration.
• Properly maintain all assets (land, building, and equipment) and provide an adequate security and property protection program to safeguard all plant property, including inventories.
• Maintain an orderly and sanitary facility, ensuring compliance with good manufacturing practices.
• Ensure all areas of the plant are operated in compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Communicate with and assist all other organizations and departments within the supply chain.
• Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as appropriate.
• Develop and submit manufacturing operating budgets for approval, and maintain control over approved budgets to ensure productivity, yield, and overhead expenses are attained as budgeted.
• Oversee plant expenditures, ensuring the plant meets its financial objectives, as outlined in the plant’s business plans.
• Ensure staff managers are aware and understand corporate business and financial goals for the fiscal year.
• Drive cost containment initiatives and reductions.
• Manage the plant salary plan.
• Participate in Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) processes and meetings, as appropriate.
• Drive consumer complaint reductions.
• Partner with Research & Development and Marketing to identify ways in which to add value.
• Provide high-level customer service by maintaining balanced finished product inventories and shipping a top quality product to customers accurately and promptly as required.
• Develop and achieve service targets.
• Develop manufacturing plan to fit with inventory goals and Corporate Sales Plan.
• Receive and analyze customer feedback and consumer complaints, utilizing data to drive improvement initiatives.
• Help management identify and develop relationships with internal customers.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement:
• Actively foster an improvement programs that identifies capital and/or operating expense projects covering new and improved procedures and methods aimed at improving quality and sanitation, while reducing costs and increasing plant efficiency.
• Identify major issues and determine most effective manufacturing strategy (pasteurizers, waste treatment, utilities, etc.).
• Develop three (3) year capital plan based on business growth initiatives and cost savings.
• Identify manufacturing costs for three (3) year strategy.
• Foster an environment where taking risks is encouraged.
Individual and Team Development:
• Staff all positions with competent personnel and ensure they are trained and motivated to accomplish all manufacturing and warehousing plans and objectives.
• Administer performance management processes.
• Develop and maintain organizational success plans.
• Identify critical areas for training and development.
• Promote an environment conducive to teams, teamwork, and line-driven accountability.
• Foster a flat organization philosophy.
Environmental, Health & Safety:
• Ensure employee safety through effective safety programs, systems, policies, training and audits.
• Ensure environmental compliance through effective environmental programs, systems, policies, training and audits.
• Ensure compliance with OSHA, DNR, & EPA regulations.
• Develop and participate in self-audits.
• Develop and ensure accomplishment of safety targets and initiatives.
• Maintain/exceed environmental goals.
Employee and Community Relations:
• Administer a firm and fair labor relations program in accordance with corporate policy.
• Drive positive employee and labor relations.
• Foster a cooperative relationship with the community.
• Develop effective communication strategies.
• Ensure compliance with Department of Labor, EEOC and OFCCP and regulations.
• Develop and participate in self-audits.
• Develop Quality Assurance measures and ensure compliance.
This position provides direct and indirect supervision, and is responsible for overseeing plant operations management.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent, required.
• Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent, with a concentration in Food Science, Operations, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent, preferred.
• Masters in Business Administration, or equivalent, preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of management or supervisory experience in a complex, fast paced manufacturing environment, required.
• Supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment or food products industry, preferred.
• Experience leading continuous improvement processes in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience driving business results in the areas of safety, quality, service and cost.
• Experience working with a diverse group of people.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication for results.
• Knowledge of computer applications as they relate to work, specifically Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word and Project) applications.
• Ability to analyze information and to exhibit excellent judgment in making effective and timely decisions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving, project management and prioritization skills.
• Ability to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
• Excellent customer focus, both internal and external.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
• Willingness and ability to operate within virtual project teams and cross-functional improvement groups.
• Ability to “think outside the box” and drive innovative solutions and ideas.
Pinnacle Foods Group LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pinnacle Foods Inc. - 19 months ago
Jobs in Horticulture
- 23 hours ago
Delta Faucet Company
- 30+ days ago
Sodecia North America
Lake Orion, MI
- 9 days ago