Purchasing Power is the nation’s premier employee purchase program that is offered as a voluntary benefit to help to our clients’ employees responsibly buy computers, electronics, home appliances, furniture and Learning Solutions through the convenience of payroll deduction. Based in Atlanta, we are a rapidly growing privately-held company with 180+ employees. In 2011 we achieved a 27% growth in revenue over 2010, which is on top of the 180% revenue growth from 2007 to 2010. In 2011, we ranked #7 on Georgia Trend’s “Fast 40” list of large-middle-market companies, placed on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for the fourth consecutive year, and earned an Atlanta Business Chronicle Pacesetter Award for the third consecutive year. With a focus on employee development, business growth and a drive to succeed, Purchasing Power is an exciting environment full of opportunity and challenges. We offer competitive benefits, convenient midtown Atlanta location and a business casual work environment.
- Monitor portfolio performance to identify revenue opportunities and risk factors at early stage
- Define and implement performance-based treatment strategies including credit limit adjustments
- Manage the performance of clients and various business sections from risk perspective
- Manage customers’ payment behavior to minimize loss
- Monitor the performance of different acquisition vintages
- Monitor the roll rate of different delinquent / past due / default buckets
- Work closely with Account Management on client relationship related issues
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, mathematics, statistics or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in the consumer credit industry
- 3 -5 years of experience in the management of consumer credit portfolios
- 3+ years of experience using SAS and SQL
- Management experience not required, but preferred