Be a part of the Greatest Team in Franchising History - the Subway® Group ! As the franchisor for Subway® restaurants in North America, we are a recognized leader in the Quick Service industry. With over 38,000 restaurants in almost 100 countries we are continuing to add talent to our team at our global headquarters in Milford, Connecticut.
The Manager - Product Quality position will be responsible for Developing, implementing and managing all programs and procedures to insure suppliers and distribution centers are maintaining product quality and food safety standards while striving for continuous improvement as well as directing, mentoring and managing the activities of all Subway Food Technologists . Position responsibillities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects of quality/R & D programs and activities for the supply chain. Lead and direct product enhancement/modification activities. Ensure quality issues are identified, resolved and/or prevented through corrective actions, procedure development and compliance.
- Supervise and manage priorities, project timelines and deliverables of the Food Technologists. Ensure Subway quality activities are structured, consistent and objective in assessing vendor quality, product and system execution.
- Monitor and continuously improve 3rd party audit and evaluation programs. Work with our purchasing cooperative to approve new vendors, new products and initiate corrective actions related to current production when necessary. Oversee all 3 rd party laboratory analysis and product evaluations.
- Serve as a technical r epresentative on global crisis management team. Lead investigations and coordinate activities for product recalls/withdrawls.
- Serve as the primary R & D liaison with global purchasing operatives in promoting global quality compliance and providing technical expertise.
BS degree in Food Science and 5+ years food manufacturing experience. MS degree preferred. A high level of both technical and operational knowledge of food systems with preference of specialization in one or more of our commodity categories (processed meats, breads, sauces, and produce). Excellent supervisory, project management and communicaiton skills with attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects, develop organizational systems to ensure consistency and process compliance.
Note: We sincerely appreciate your interest! Due to the heavy volume of applications we receive only those candidates selected for further employment screening will be contacted by our office. No phone calls, please. Sorry, no relocation can be provided.
The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. In 2002,...