Rapidly growing education technology start-up seeks |
Manager, Product and Marketing Analytics
Voxy (Voxy.com) offers an entirely new, highly effective, and proven approach to language learning. Voxy uses mobile and web technology to turn the media that you consume, the conversations that you have, and the activities you do into powerful contextual language lessons that are available anytime, anywhere. Voxy is currently focused on teaching English to Spanish and Portuguese speakers, but is rapidly expanding into new markets and new languages to reach the billions of language learners across the globe.
The 10 Best US Tech Companies To Work For In 2012 (Recognized by Business Insider)
A critical role at Voxy, the Manager, Product and Marketing Analytics will leverage myriad data and information sources to drive key decisions across key functional areas (marketing, product, business development) You will work closely with the management team (CEO, CFO, VP Product) to concept, develop and execute, and communicate both quantitative (data-driven) and qualitative (independent research) that we need to run a rapidly growing business. Sample projects include:
If you are aggressive, motivated, love new challenges, and are not afraid of hard work and unstructured problems, you will love this job. What you will learn will position you for success in virtually any entrepreneurial role. You will learn how to raise venture capital, market mobile/web products online, and build businesses.
- Analyze product usage patterns and purchase data to help inform key conversion marketing initiatives
- Develop user surveys and analyze data to help prioritize key product and marketing decisions
- Conduct exhaustive primary and secondary research to inform prioritization of geographic expansion opportunities
Requirements / Qualifications
You should be scary-smart, confident, resourceful, and intuitive (even despite your bias towards data-driven answers). You should love technology and enjoy the hectic pace of an early stage, venture-funded company that is trying to re-invent education. You should be able to interpret high-level direction and create actionable plans that you can execute on with limited oversight.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1.5 years of experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank, hedge fund, venture-backed startup or other similar and very demanding work environment.
- Mastery of Excel including pivot tables, lookups, conditionality, and basic optimization
- High-level understanding of statistics
- Ability to conduct primary and secondary research (you should take pride in the fact that you don ’t stop at page 2 of Google results, but are able to find that missing data point buried on page 24)
- Ability to synthesize complicated data analytics into charts, tables, and pithy written communication that would make sense to your grandmother (strong PowerPoint skills a must)
- Enjoy working in teams and be able to get along with a diverse groups of engineers, marketers, data scientists, linguists, finance professionals, product managers, and graphic designers
- Familiarity with SQL is a huge plus
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and other metrics software (MixPanel, KISS, etc.) are huge plusses