PURPOSE: Increase ratings and market the station through promotions, campaigns and presentations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Creative Services Director with development of marketing concepts and campaigns for selected programming, including creating themes, and coordinating elements needed to produce effective video materials for on-air, cable and interactive use.
- Write scripts and selects accompaniments such as video, music, sound effects, and graphics from internal and external sources
- Produces and shoot field productions including securing talent, scouting locations, addressing lighting issues and supplying props.
- Writes produces and edits topical, episodic and sweeps radio spots as necessary; Ensures that the marketing messages are factually correct. Coordinates with the news department when necessary to assure accuracy.
- Coordinates special projects as assigned, including but not limited to station events, radio and interactive cross-promotions.
- Concepts, writes, shoots and produces commercial spots as necessary, working with the client and account executives.
- Writes shoots and produces station PSA and event promotion as necessary.
- Additional duties as necessary.
- Cooperation with staff both within KTXL and Tribune Corporate staff
- Works with vendors and clients on a regular basis
- Oversight and quality control over Creative Services on-air executions.
- Heavy computer usage
- Required to sit, type, stand, drive, walk throughout the workday, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Work performed primarily in an office along with off site production shoots.
- May be exposed to the following conditions: heat/cold, dust, dampness, and loud noises
Personal Protective Equipment:
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience in television station with a minimum 1 year as an on-air produce/editor.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be creative and have strong video production, shooting, and editing skills.
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Proficiency with non-linear editing and graphic systems.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s license.
Tribune Company - 30+ days ago