Manager, Public Outreach - Pacific Operations - Los Angeles, CA
In the past decade, Brookfield Renewable has more than tripled in size by investing in high-quality hydropower and wind generation assets. With continued strong growth prospects for the future, we are striving to add to our experienced and dedicated North American workforce. To that end, we have created a number of new employment opportunities and invite you to explore the following positions in our Communications group:
The Manager, Public Outreach will be part of the Communication and Investor Relations group reporting to the Director, Community and Stakeholder Relations. The position will support the business by developing and maintaining relations with people and organizations that influence the operations of our assets. This position will partner closely with people and organizations both internally and externally.
People within the energy industry
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with:
serve on board or committees of membership organizations – as appropriate; attend conferences; be main contact for administration of regional memberships; ensure list serves are up-to-date and accurate
Non-profit organizations such as watershed groups, friends groups, other similarly aligned entities
Local elected and appointed government officials as needed by operational activities
- Work with regional leadership teams to understand operational issues that may have an effect on or be effected by stakeholders- recommend actions to build, mediate, lead outreach efforts
- Develop and maintain stakeholder plans for each region and each sub-region or project as needed, working with regions to ensure accuracy, effectiveness, and execution.
- Working with Director, ensure prompt and effective communication of our operations to stakeholders (EAP events, construction, maintenance activities, policy advocacy where appropriate) through press releases, phone calls, in-person visits working with communications team and operations to develop accurate materials.
- Develop and execute detailed public safety outreach plans including overseeing development of advertisements or scripts and media, identifying and participating in public events to promote public safety
- Identify and recommend opportunities for sponsorships and donations; represent Brookfield at associated events
- Maintain database of regional stakeholders, donations, and sponsorships
- Manage aspects of new asset integrations
- Serve as EAP contact for communications on all EAPs for the region. Maintain EAP documents for both regions – ensure up-to-date plans are included in relevant binders, make accessible to team via electronic files, ensure accurate information for SR team.
- Continually review and update necessary project websites working with communications on design
- Field media inquiries related to operations.
Brookfield Renewable Energy Group operates the renewable generation and power utility portfolios for Brookfield Asset Management, a global alternative asset manager with over $175 billion of assets under management. Brookfield Renewable's employees have responsibility for over 200 renewable power generation facilities and 53,000 kilometers of electrical transmission and distribution assets in North and Latin America. As a global leader in clean energy, Brookfield's portfolio totals over 5,800 megawatts of installed capacity, primarily hydroelectric, powering over three million average homes each year in 12 power markets. For more information on our publicly traded entity, Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners, please visit www.brookfieldrenewable.com .
- At least eight to ten years of work experience in a professional setting; energy experience preferred
- Ability to build cross-discipline teams with internal and external partners
- Strong writing skills
- Self-starter with commitment to communication and transparency
- Ability to travel; international travel
- Ability to speak French a plus
To Brookfield Asset Management, generating money comes naturally. The company has approximately $150 billion in assets under management,...