HELP US MAKE THE LIGHTBULB OBSOLETE!!!
Are you someone who thrives on coming up with dynamic solutions that help a company grow? Do you want to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the lighting industry? Would you like to help enable a green technology that could help solve some of the world’s energy problems? If so, Cree could be the place for you. We are a fast-growing semiconductor company that is leading the LED lighting revolution and setting the stage to obsolete the incandescent light bulb through the use of energy-efficient, environmentally friendly LED lighting.
We are headquartered in Raleigh/Durham, NC; an area consistently ranked in the Top 10 Places to Live by Money Magazine and is also home to the Research Triangle Park (RTP). Raleigh was also included in Kiplinger’s Top 10 Best Cities for 2009. The RTP area was recently voted the #1 high-tech region in the country by the Silicon Valley Leadership Group and was also recognized as the #1 Best City for Jobs by Forbes magazine. RTP is home to a broad spectrum of companies -- from Fortune 100 multinational research and development operations, to university spin-outs and start-up operations. Cree’s facilities in the area are home to approximately 1600 full-time employees devoted to R&D, manufacturing, sales & marketing and other professional support roles.
Cree boasts a casual work environment, where jeans and shorts are a typical sight every day, not just on Friday. We also have an onsite fitness facility; complete with indoor track, basketball court, 3 racquet ball courts, aerobics room, free weights, machine weights and cardio machines. This facility is 100% free to our employees and their spouses, and is open Monday through Saturday. Our benefits include a quarterly bonus program, stock options, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, tuition reimbursement, and medical/vision/dental coverage.
We currently have an opening for a Manager, Supply Chain within our LED Chips group. This position will be stationed at our headquarters in Raleigh/Durham, NC.
- Provide sourcing leadership and create a dynamic team
- Drive strategic supplier negotiations & cost reduction roadmaps
- Obtain targeted savings
- Create strategic, tactical, and commodity management initiatives
- Manage inventory dollars and units, replenishment strategies, and order placement
- Develop request for information and quotations (RFI/RFQ)
- Manage the commercial supplier relationship and supplier scorecard process
- Work with internal organizations (engineering, R&D, etc) to identify and qualify primary and secondary suppliers
- 5-7 years experience in negotiating and managing a procurement organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience in the preparation and management of complex Bills of Materials with regards to pricing and sourcing
- In depth understanding and application of supply chain, quality and manufacturing management
- Experience working in team environment toward common goals
- Self motivated individual with sense of urgency, requiring little direction
- Experience working with international suppliers (especially Asian based operations)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- International Travel required
- 10+ years of experience in managing a supply chain or procurement organization
- Inventory management experience
- Master’s degree and/or professional certification in Supply Management
CREE - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Cree has its name in lights. Its blue, green, and near-ultraviolet light-emitting diodes (LEDs) -- made from silicon carbide (SiC) and...