The Manager of Quality Control & Analysis directs and manages the activities of Quality Control Analysts involved in activities designed to measure and improve the accuracy and effectiveness of the processes used for the administration of Atlanta Housing Authority’s Housing Choice Voucher Program. The manager works within general methods and procedures and exercises considerable independent judgment to adapt and apply the guidelines to specific situations. The work requires knowledge of the policies, procedures, and regulations of quality control work, and supervisory techniques, personnel policies, and procedures.
The Manager of Quality Control & Analysis is also responsible for directing and managing the activities of data analysts involved in data mining and reporting supporting program operations. Major activities include providing analytical and technical reports development to support program management, compliance and integrity of program administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Plans, coordinates, and directs quality control program designed to ensure continuous implementation of Housing Choice Voucher Program administration requirements consistent with established policies, procedures and standards.
- Reviews and verifies cases for validity and accuracy; reviews public assistance cases to ascertain the correctness of client eligibility determinations and payment decision, and the appropriateness of the services provided.
- Analyzes case records and interview information, subject to review by federal and state monitors, to determine the accuracy and timeliness of the agency’s evaluation of client eligibility and need.
- Analyzes the nature and cause of errors to identify areas needing improvement in the department’s processes and systems for determining eligibility.
- Reviews, analyzes, and resolves contested case reports.
- Conducts interviews with clients and community sources to verify eligibility, correctness of payment decisions, and the appropriateness of the services programs provided.
- Uses developed techniques to elicit cooperation and participation in potentially volatile situations.
- Refers suspected fraud cases for review and investigation.
- Serves as a liaison with staff and management concerning error trends and problem areas.
- Directs personnel engaged in quality control analysis activities to ensure continuous control over quality program outputs.
- Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to quality and reliability.
- Develops and maintains data reports, dashboards, and online reporting services from using AHA’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and other appropriate software. This includes tasks related to the successful deployment of reports including development, documentation, testing, and monitoring, security and access control.
- Analyzes current and future reporting needs and requires consulting with users, understanding, and interpretation of departmental mission, goals, objectives, and technology and recommendations on best strategy and products to deploy.
- Manages the activities and operation of the data analysis and reporting work in developing and maintaining reports and involves determining assignments, tasks, review of work and supervision of employees, and establishes guidelines, and processes to accomplish work.
- May investigate and adjust customer complaints regarding quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in quality assurance, database administration, information technology, business, or related field required.
Two (2) years’ managerial/supervisory experience.
Four (4) to six (6) years of experience in data management with demonstrated hands-on experience in effectively managing large-scale quality control function, related to administration of a public assistance, subsidy or comparable program.
Functional proficiency with technology used on-the-job to include Microsoft Office Suite and proprietary software, and other technology applications used to support organizational objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong business analysis and analytical research.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Superior executive report development.
- Ability to write scopes of work and documents without direct supervision.
- Proven ability to independently manage small to large projects.
- Excellent service provider requiring minimal direction and oversight.
- Creative problem solver with excellent personal organizational and planning skills.
- May act as team leader on various projects/assignments.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge in field.
- Ability to fully execute assignments without significant training. Assignments/projects are more complex in nature.
Generally works in office environment. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to work in a deadline-focused and fast-paced environment. May be required to have valid State of Georgia driver’s license and be fully insurable for the purpose of obtaining clearance on company “Authorized Driver’s List.” Occasional overtime as required to meet workload demands.
- Business Analysis
- Drive for Results