Key Responsibilities of the Manager, Quality Control are:
- Serve as a member of the Plant Leadership Team as the Quality Pillar Leader.
- Build skills and capabilities in Quality Key Element Owners.
- Drive Continuous Improvement in the quality programs.
- Serve as product & process technical expert with staff, crew and outside vendors.
- Direct activities and develop skills of the Sensory Expert, Lab Supervisor, Lab Analyst and Lab Technicians.
- Develop, maintain and implement HACCP plans for the plant.
- Coordinate preparations for all internal or external quality audits.
- Maintain sanitation procedures and programs.
- Maintain a hold/release system for FG and RM holds.
- Maintain the Suffolk formulation system with up-to-date revisions.
- Evaluate FG inventory for overage product.
- Develop and maintain quality documentation for the plant.
- Coordinate outside testing of Raw Materials.
- Oversee Product Development department activities
- Liaison between Marketing, Production and Product Development
The Selection Critieria for the Manager, Quality Control is as follows:
- Bachelor's Degree required - Preference in Food Science, Microbiology or Bacteriology
- Minimum 2-4 years operations experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess good leadership skills
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Food Science or prior QC experience required
- Must possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- Potential for future growth