Manages day-to-day real estate functions and staff within the Legal Department.
ITC Job Responsibilities
- Coaches, mentors, trains, develops, motivates, evaluates and supervises real estate staff, as directed or assigned; assigns and reviews work.
- Plans, executes and finalizes projects according to strict deadlines, within budget and in support of business goals and stakeholder needs; minimizes exposure and risk on projects.
- Provides team coordination for project execution and completion.
- Develops and implements best practices, tools and policies for project execution and management.
- Drafts and submits budget proposals; recommends subsequent budget changes, where necessary.
- Manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises and devises contingency plans, proactively.
- Ensures real estate instruments are complete, executed and stored appropriately.
- Oversees quality of work produced and ensures adherence to project standards.
- Communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and effective manner.
- Serves as a liaison and effectively manages relationships with project stakeholders.
- Acquires resources and coordinates the efforts of third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Facilitates team and client meetings in an effective manner.
ITC Job Qualifications
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience, including project management; Right of Way and Utility industry experience, preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a supervisor role with a focus on employee management and development.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in role that required successful conflict resolution on a regular basis.
- Real estate or project management training beyond high school that results in Real Estate Sales license or designation or five (5) years of experience in activities such as:
- Project management and oversight of large and complex Right-of-Way, infrastructure or land management projects;
- Searching public records and examining titles to determine legal condition of property title; analyzing restrictions and preparing reports outlining restrictions, exceptions and actions required to clear title;
- Examining copies of records such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics and plat and map books to determine ownership, legal restrictions and to verify property legal descriptions;
- Reading and understanding legal descriptions and surveys;
- Reading and preparing metes and bounds description of property;
- Hand mapping legal descriptions, checking for zoning ordinances that may restrict use of property, assisting in preparation of leases, grants, deeds and easements;
- Reviewing and evaluating appraisals for property documentation, compliance and technical accuracy, including accepting/rejecting appraisal reports and estimating fair market value;
- Evaluating title insurance policies and commitments;
- Ordering new surveys or updating existing surveys, evaluating surveys and conditions shown on surveys
- Knowledge of Graphical Information Systems and digital mapping;
- Focus on results, meeting deadlines, managing multiple tasks and able to manage changing priorities.
- Superior analytical and organizational skills with a focus on synthesizing information, using sound business judgment, formulating conclusions and articulating recommendations in a way that is meaningful and valuable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with management and colleagues both internal and external to the Company.
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
ITC Holdings Corp. - 9 months ago