Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
PG&E's Recruiting department is a dynamic group within the Human Resources organization that focuses on strategically aligning itself with the lines of business to identify, recruit, and acquire top talent. We are seeking team members who can thrive in a fast paced environment that is undergoing growth. To be successful, you must possess a passion for building and maintaining strong professional relationships and for developing a deep understanding of the business and its unique challenges.
We are looking for a Recruiting Manager to lead a team dedicated to sourcing and staffing the Corporate Services organizations. The Manager will be responsible for the management and development of a team of both recruiters and administrative support. The successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of full lifecycle recruiting and developing staffing strategies that support short term and long term business objectives. This includes working with clients and HR partners to understand the workforce needs and engage his/her team in attracting and recruiting candidates to fill this gap. Success will be measured by the overall performance of his/her team of recruiters in bringing diverse, qualified workers to PG&E in an effective and efficient manner.
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related fields, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in the staffing/recruitment
- Minimum of 6 or more years experience in full lifecycle recruiting including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal, job analysis, wage and salary trends, relationship management, and due diligence
- Demonstrated experience complying Federal regulations, as they pertain to hiring practices, to include OFCCP, EEO, and Affirmative Action
- Experience coaching or prior supervisory experience
- Ability to travel locally if required
- Utility company experience
- Prior project management experience
- Experience or familiarity with SAP and e-Recruit as an applicant tracking and recruitment tool
- Ability to develop business cases and service requirements, while creating and managing strategic alliances
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities while managing high-volume recruitment processes
- SPHR or PHR preferred.
- Responsible for leading, managing and developing a team of recruiters
- Responsible for creation of talent acquisition strategy for assigned lines of business; strategy must align with the Company's vision, goals and objectives
- Ensure compliance with applicable Federal regulations affecting hiring practices (OFCCP, EEO, and Affirmative Action)
- Manage the requisition portfolio and allocate open requisitions appropriately to internal recruiters and external contract recruiters as needed
- Create a diversity outreach strategy in partnership with Diversity & Inclusion, Recruiting Programs, and the client to positively impact diversity hiring efforts; responsible for Affirmative Action Plans for lines of business
- Meet regularly and work effectively with HR Delivery, Workforce Planning and Compensation partners to ensure the client's talent needs are met and all HR stakeholders are aware of staffing forecasts and issues
- Meet routinely w/ senior leadership in lines of business to discuss current and future staffing needs and historical trends. Should have a thorough understanding of workforce planning and the department objectives in order to ensure positions are filled quickly with the most qualified individual
- Conducts benchmark research on recruiting best practices in the industry to implement on team and across Recruiting department
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art recruiting practices
Pacific Gas and Electric Company - 14 months ago
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...