Manager, Regional Transmission Development-26076
The Manager of Regional Transmission Development will act as the point person for key transmission initiatives and projects and will provide strategic leadership for and support of long-term transmission project initiatives and policy in the relevant jurisdiction. This position represents the company in transmission policy issues and provides guidance and oversight of the development and execution of critical projects, including the development of necessary agreements in structured partnerships (project development, construction, ownership and maintenance), as well as associated communications and public relations.
We are looking for someone who is a self starter and has strong skill sets in relationship building and public speaking. This position will be based out of the company's Madison, Wisconsin office, but travel to the NSP-Wisconsin's corporate office in Eau Claire as well as travel throughout the state is required.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
- Lead, manage and provide strategic guidance for key transmission project initiatives in the jurisdiction to ensure they are developed on time, meet regulatory milestones and are within financial guidelines. Responsible for coordinating cross-functional teams, insuring adequate resource support is provided, and ensuring initiatives are aligned with overall corporate objectives. Provide policy guidance and stakeholder facilitation to support the initiatives and project development as necessary.
- Lead cross-functional efforts across Xcel Energy to collaboratively develop and promote transmission policy, consistent with corporate objectives. Coordinate with various internal organizations on issues related to public, regulatory and inter-utility policy issues associated with development of projects and work to address issues and resolve conflicts. Responsible for managing effective and collaborative working relationships between Xcel Energy and external stakeholders.
- Direct the implementation of necessary project agreements (project development, construction, ownership and maintenance) by participating in negotiations and working jointly with internal business, legal representatives and external parties.
- Monitor current and emerging external transmission federal and state policy issues and develop and execute strategies to ensure that business objectives are met.
- Responsible for managing effective and collaborative working relationships between Xcel Energy and elected officials by collaborating with Government Affairs.
- Lead and support outreach communication efforts both internal to the company and externally between transmission initiative participants including local and state government elected officials, governmental agencies, energy and transmission developers, and third parties. Directly and indirectly lead internal communications staff.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration or related field
- 5 years experience in the electric utility business
- 3 years in project management and/or public policy experience
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership skills
- May require travel
Primary Location: Wisconsin-Madison
- Experience in Transmission or related area
- Advance Degree in related field
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Xcel Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.