Is this You?
Manager, Regulatory Affairs and Government Relations
Location: Albany, New York
As a strategic relationship builder, you thrive on proactively developing mutually beneficial working relationships with key partners from regulatory and governing bodies in the energy market space. Essential to your role is that you participate in state regulatory proceedings and governmental matters that enable us to effectively market our products and services, while advocating for industry standards and practices that align with our interests and allow Just Energy to maximize revenue opportunities.
Equally important to your success is collaboratively working with internal stakeholders to ensure that our business practices uphold the highest quality levels that meet or exceed regulatory and governmental requirements while allowing Just Energy to effectively operate in the marketplace.
Is Just Energy Group the place for you?
Just Energy Group is a leader in the energy sector offering green energy solutions, retail and commercial energy, and home services solutions. Our brands include Amigo Energy, Commerce Energy, Hudson Energy, Hudson Energy Solar, Just Energy, Momentis, National Home Services, Tara Energy, and Terra Grain Fuels. We are continuously expanding in US, Canada, and the UK. We value integrity, innovation, customer-centricity, responsibility, enrichment, and excellence.
Energy, Opportunity, and Growth are elemental to your way of being and are essential to succeed with us. Does this sound like you?
- You have the Energy to commit to going ‘above and beyond’; this is core to your being, it is not the exception. You have a passion to create success and to deliver exceptional results. You expect that hard work is required to do great things.
- You seek Opportunity. You focus on solutions, not problems. You are naturally inquisitive and business focused. You thrive working with diverse teams, and you are deeply committed to our collective success.
- Your Growth is about what you and your team accomplish together, and is limited only by your energy and the opportunity you seek. You thrive on diversity in your work, on learning, and helping others learn as well. You effectively manage multiple tasks or projects on time, and you help others to do the same.
Learn about the Energy, Opportunity, and Growth of working at Just Energy: http://www.justenergy.com/about-us/career-center
Your primary accountabilities:
- Advising business units on compliance with regulations and requirements for the marketing and sale of energy, and transactional and operational rules and guidelines
- Managing and monitoring regulatory activities, and proceedings or applications with local regulatory bodies and government bodies
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with government, regulators, utilities and market participants and playing an advocacy role with same
- Monitoring and participating in regulatory proceedings and governmental matters and ensuring company compliance with regulations and filings
- Participating in the development of regulatory strategies and policies that support business strategies
- Partner with internal business units to establish awareness of regulatory activities and developments
- University degree in Political Science, Communications, Behavioral Sciences, Economics, Law or Business
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a compliance or regulatory role.FERC and other ISO related regulatory experience is considered a strong asset
- Experience working in one of Utilities, Telecommunications, Pharmaceuticals, or Banking industries is an asset
- Well developed relationship management and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organization and analytical skills
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and tight timeframes in a highly autonomous environment
- Ability to travel regularly (up to 60% of the time)
Please visit us at justenergy.com and justenergygroup.com
Just Energy - 6 months ago
Just Energy seeks a more just outcome for its customers, when it comes to energy prices. The natural gas and electricity marketer...