Provides and manages regulatory business analysis support, including transmission policy development, tariffs, ratemaking, and regulatory compliance. Keeps management informed of the changing regulatory landscape, and participates in formal regulatory proceedings and settlement negotiations. Meets with regulators and other relevant stakeholders to advocate and shape transmission policy to create a regulatory climate conducive to independent transmission companies and further the Company’s strategic goals. Participates in the formulation of regulatory strategy to respond to transmission policy or filings impacting the Company. Represents the Company in Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) committees (e.g., Midwest Independent System Operator, Southwest Power Pool) and other venues.
- THE LOCATION FOR THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO TOPEKA OR OKLAHOMA CITY*
ITC Job Responsibilities
ITC Job Qualifications
- Monitor and keep abreast of federal transmission regulatory policy and electric utility legislative initiatives. Includes attending or monitoring Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) open meetings; researching, analyzing, and interpreting regulatory filings; reviewing industry publications; and attending pertinent electric industry technical conferences.
- Serve as Company advocate on transmission policy. Includes working with Company personnel on policy initiatives to identify potential impact on Company and helping to develop appropriate responses to further Company’s strategic goals. Serve as a liaison with regulatory authorities. Meet with regulators, legislators, stakeholders/customers, industry/trade associations, consumer groups, and other utility professionals. Participate in external electric industry/trade associations and formal/informal coalitions as required.
- Represent the Company by participating in Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) committees and task forces to protect and further enhance the Company’s interest on key initiatives. Participate in internal strategy debrief meetings to formulate the Company’s strategic goals.
- Participate and represent the Company in regulatory proceedings. Supervise the development and review of regulatory filings, drafting of testimony and briefs, processing of discovery questions, regulatory case management, sponsoring testimony, and directing the work of consultants as required.
- Research, analyze, interpret, and report data on regulatory and legislative matters. Provide timely and accurate information and analysis to management on regulatory and legislative matters that may affect the Company.
- Ensure the Company is in compliance with relevant regulatory directives including the timely submittal of reports or filings.
- Capable of representing the Company in tariff, rates/pricing/revenue distribution, financial, and/or policy negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Political Science, Mathematics or other relevant discipline; Master’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant discipline preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience as an electric utility Regulatory Analyst, or similar function.
- Experience and proficiency in pricing and regulatory policy. Strong advocate of Company position in various forums.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) and establish rapport with management, colleagues, regulators, stakeholders/customers, and other individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate and supervise employees.
- Leadership qualities.
- Negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of the Federal Power Act, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Department of Energy, North American Electric Reliability Council, and state public utility commission.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment and capable of managing multiple projects and tasks and ensuring their timely completion.
- Logical problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel for Company business, including overnight stays, up to several times per month.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.