This position is responsible for developing and sustaining a program in research informatics to support the spectrum of health related research activities. The candidate is expected to work collaboratively with administrators, IT specialists, clinical researchers, biostatisticians, epidemiologists, and health services researchers to 1) develop grant proposals in response to announcements related to health services and patient-centered outcomes, 2) ensure that data extracts from electronic medical records and data warehouses are performed with high quality and efficiently while maintaining a high level of customer service, and 3) develop and oversee the training and supervision of research data coordinators to ensure they have the skills and the resources to meet investigators’ electronic data extraction needs, 4) maintain high quality performance in compliance with all MHRI policies and procedures, HIPPA and human subject regulations. It is strongly desirable, that this candidate is familiar with the work flow in clinical settings, has clinical research experience and is knowledgeable about electronic medical records.
Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Managing large scale clinical databases.
2. Querying Electronic Health Records (EHR) from various platforms.
3. Familiarity with the medical informatics languages and coding methods.
4. Work collaboratively with IT personnel to build, test, maintain and upgrade EHR query applications to meet research activities requirements
5. Work closely with researchers and team members to define the requested output and data extraction source,
6. Stay informed of EMR software and hardware upgrades by having a good working relationship with MedStar IT and understand how these upgrades affect the ability to search the databases to extract research.
7. Provide extensive support to investigators to extract EHR data using a variety of different applications and responding to user problems in a timely manner.
Minimum Qualifications :
Masters or PhD (preferred in Health information technology or related field)
Alternate pathways will be considered, including Certificate in Public Health Informatics.
At least 5 years of experience in research informatics
E xcellent communication and writing skills