Reporting to the Senior Revenue Manager, this position is a key member of Forrester’s Global Revenue Accounting Team, which is responsible for accurately recording consolidated revenue for nine Forrester entities. This position will supervise several members of the revenue team and will work closely with the Senior Revenue Manager to ensure worldwide revenue is compliant with accounting and reporting standards. The successful candidate will need to be a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and service-focused team leader while possessing the ability to multi-task and work independently to complete ad-hoc projects.
• Manage the day-to-day accounting operations and monthly close of global revenue in accordance with GAAP.
• Ensure the company’s revenue recognition policy is followed worldwide.
• Manage and develop a staff of three, ensuring they are motivated, empowered to maximize performance and maintain high morale.
• Assist the Senior Revenue Manager with addressing revenue issues that arise during contract negotiations. Partner with Sales and Legal to provide suggestions and assistance that ensure contracts maximize revenue while complying with the company’s revenue methodology.
• Assist with the preparation of support for quarterly and annual external revenue audits. Act as a liaison between the auditors and revenue team.
• Identify and develop process improvements that increase the revenue team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
• Create and update revenue-related process manuals.
• As needed, process contract changes and terminations, including revenue impact calculations.
• Support ad hoc projects / revenue analyses, as required.
Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking. Additionally, the candidate for this position is required to have the following:
• A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, with 4 – 6 years of progressive accounting experience (experience in public accounting is a plus).
• Must be a Certified Public Account.
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with revenue accounting standards.
• Proven analytical skills and proficient computer skills, especially with Microsoft Excel and Word
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication, business partnering and managerial skills.
• Hands-on working knowledge of financial and CRM / ERP applications (especially PeopleSoft, SalesForce, Selectica and/or Siebel) and report writers (nVision, Crystal Reports) are pluses.
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply.
Forrester Research is one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. We work with business and technology leaders to...