The SAP Functional Development Manager is responsible for delivery of global SAP solutions. This position manages a global team of highly effective functional developers to provide daily operational support as well as solution implementation for enhancements and projects. Additionally, this position will also work closely with the Architecture and Business Solution groups to provide consultation for current and emerging SAP technologies.
The SAP Functional Development Manager is responsible for:
- Providing accountability to deliver solutions and acting as key liaison from Business Solutions groups and AD&S development teams.
- Working with Business Solution groups to understand needs and prioritization of SAP demands.
- Providing technical leadership and management to establish best practices for delivery of high quality, scalable solutions for functional development team.
- Manage day-to-day functional development team and escalations from Business Solutions groups.
Must have experience and understanding in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of leadership responsibility managing medium to large internationally distributed development teams.
- Experience managing teams of 15+ FTE s and oversight of 30+ (employees, contractors and consultants).
- Experience large SAP ERP global rollouts.
- Solid knowledge in SAP .
- Ability to create and meet timelines cognizant of business needs and constraints.
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation, and conflict management skills.
- Highly self-motivated, driven work ethic, keen attention to detail and exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information in an understandable manner to non-technical audiences through writing and presentations.
- Work experience reflects a progression of increasing responsibility into technical and leadership roles.
- Demonstrated experience with mentoring others on methods and best-practices.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment and handle multiple issues at once.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to perform complex system analysis and draw conclusions by relating information from different sources, including root-cause analysis and issue resolution.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Chemical/Energy industry background is a plus.
MRE Consulting, Ltd.
- 23 months ago - save job