Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California . Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose , California , Orchard has grown to be California ’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career. Orchard recently became a publicly traded, independent company.
We are in the process of building a world class Accounting and Finance organization to assist in strengthening our competitive position and driving long term growth. We are seeking accounting and finance professionals that are energetic, driven and inquisitive and who are looking for continued career growth. The ideal candidates enjoy being a contributor to a team and a business partner with various areas of the organization.
Manager of SEC Reporting
Orchard Supply Hardware is looking for a Manager of SEC Reporting that will work within the Controller’s organization and perform complex accounting work related to Orchard’s SEC reporting and SOX compliance activities. This position’s primary role will be to provide financial reporting for 10Q and 10K in compliance with GAAP and SEC reporting standards, oversee and coordinate accounting and reporting to produce financial statements, provide analysis and information for effective management reporting. In addition, this position is responsible for performing aspects of monthly, quarterly and yearly close process, and conducting research on various technical matters that could impact the Company’s financial statements.
- Prepare 10Qs and 10Ks, along with other SEC filings.
- Coordinate with legal, finance, and various functions within the Company to draft the financials
- Facilitate the disclosure committee
- Provide quarterly and annual GAAP and statutory audit schedules, work papers and analysis as required.
- Create supporting work paper binders for all SEC filings, investor and audit committee presentations, and press releases for quarterly and annual earnings.
- Prepare and update SOX compliance documentation:
- Build and update SOX documentation
- Review compliance audits and track progress
- Prepare Summary of Aggregate Deficiencies, recommended remediation plans, etc
- Prepare SOX scoping documents
- Perform initial research surrounding complex accounting issues and assist with documentation of the Company’s response to these accounting issues.
- Perform all aspects of the monthly, quarterly and yearly close process.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience
· Active CPA preferred
· Minimum 7 years experience
· Current mastery of 10Q and 10K reporting for a public company
· Knowledge and experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
· Experience working for a United States SEC registrant, or Big 4 accounting firm serving an SEC registrant
Desired Abilities and Competencies
· Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
· Attention to detail and excellent organization skills
· Ability to work under pressure with strict time constraints
· Ability to manage effectively in a changing environment
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment
· Hunger for learning and growth
· High Energy
Orchard Supply Hardware - 11 months ago
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...