estern & Southern Financial Group has an immediate opportunity for a Manager, Sales.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for the performance management and development of the sales representatives dedicated to proactively contacting leads provided by Lead Partners. Maintains effective staffing levels through appropriate selection, training, coaching and development activities. Coordinates workflow, supplies, equipment maintenance, sales training, campaign and other celebration activities. Maintains direct and indirect relationships with Lead Partners,State Insurance Departments, insurance companies, vendors, and policyholders. Participates in establishing overall business goals and objectives and fully responsible for the achievement of all ”metrics of success” for the Sales Department. Drives process improvements to increase revenue and efficiencies.
- Manages all operational aspects of the Sales Department assuming full responsibility for achieving expected results.
- Participates in establishing business goals and objectives. Forecasts business changes and needs based on industry trends, lead volume and internal factors including resource planning. Accurately anticipates resource changes required to support workload. Implements established business plans and makes operational changes on an ongoing basis. Translates and communicates goals to direct reports ensuring they understand how they impact the business.
- Manages the selection, training, and development of associates (both supervisory and non-supervisory). Drives productivity through direct feedback and consistent coaching on proven sales skills and methodologies (e.g., Integrity Selling). Provides consistent coaching and ensures that appropriate performance management is completed and successful within the group. Creates departmental development plan to assist associates in their personal, professional and technical development. Quickly identifies and addresses associates not meeting expected results.
- Ensures the development of Sales Representatives’ “talk-off” to ensure that they are able to effectively identify and solve complex client needs and make appropriate product recommendations.
- Ensures the development of Sales Representatives’ comprehensive underwriting knowledge as it relates to many diverse health and risk factors and the viewpoint of insurance carriers.
- Works with management and HR in recommending Sales Representatives’ performance ratings, merit increases, promotions, transfers or disciplinary decisions.
- Establishes effective metrics and goals and works with Implementation Manager to develop tracking systems. Analyzes results to independently manage business and initiatives. Establishes effective processes and systems to ensure optimum functioning, continuous improvement and to ensure all work is accomplished in the most cost-effective manner.
- Monitors the licensing, appointment, and contracting of each Sales Representative and IPS as an agency. Communicates with partners, carriers, and State Insurance Commissions to ensure all parties are in good standing.
- Researches current industry trends. Responsible for developing goals and sales strategies with new Lead Partners while maintaining underwriting & product updates for carriers.
- Works with management to on-board new carriers and Lead Partners. Conducts carrier research including carrier niche and premium analysis. Responsible for recommending additional carriers and products to expand carriers and products offered.
- Responsible for completion of Death Claim inquiries from insurance carriers. Resolves complex problems, escalated calls and written complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensures staffing levels are appropriate at all times. Establishes a staffing plan for the department to include individual schedules and workflow assignments. Ensures adherence with set work schedules.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of management and associates throughout the Financial Group as well as with outside partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven and sustained success in a sales management and call center management role. Possesses and displays a superior professional and technical competence and a strong client focus. Can demonstrate a history of providing proactive and innovative advice to clients and direct reports.
- Possesses and displays the necessary competencies to manage the day-to-day operations of a sales team. Demonstrates a strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills. Can cite examples of organization and time management/methods used to manage or prioritize workload demands for self and others.
- Possesses strong project management skills. Must cite examples of developing, organizing, initiating and maintaining a project and successfully accomplishing set goals.
- Proven strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective resolutions. Proven analytical skills necessary to understand, monitor and manage statistical data in support of goal/mission success.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively within a team. Must cite examples of providing direction, coaching, and giving effective feedback to team members.
- Proven experience adapting and demonstrating flexibility associated with changes to policies/procedures.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and resolving problems where independent decision-making and self-initiative were demonstrated. This includes providing examples of strong negotiating skills to resolve problems.
- Must be able to cite examples from work experience on identifying complex problems, quantifying the problem and providing creative resolutions to solve.
- Can provide examples of handling difficult situations effectively while maintaining high volumes of work.
- Possesses and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
- College Degree or equivalent experience.
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Working knowledge of Internet and email.
- Life and Health insurance license
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special events.
- Shift work (to include evenings or weekends) when necessary.
Western & Southern Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company, is a dynamic family of diversified financial services companies that provides life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement planning and investment products and services to help millions of consumers nationwide to plan and protect their financial futures.
With more than 5,000 associates and more than 50,000 individuals in our selling group, Western & Southern offers consumers and businesses the financial products and services they require to meet their insurance needs and investment goals. Having reached more in excess of $50 billion in assets owned and under management, we are leveraging our industry leading financial strength to fuel our growth through strategic acquisitions, increases in our current product revenue stream and expansion into new distribution channels and businesses.
Western & Southern provides a host of benefits that include medical, dental, life, pension, 401K, free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.
Western & Southern Life - 5 months ago