Manager, Apparel Samples
Coach, founded in 1941, is America's premier accessible luxury accessories brand and a leader in international markets. We are a designer and marketer of high quality, modern accessories that complement the diverse lifestyles of today's consumer. Coach offers excellent career growth opportunities, competitive salaries and great benefits within a dynamic work environment.
Coach brings together strong, collaborative people in a dynamic culture of mutual respect, support, and passion for the brand and product. We believe innovation drives winning performance, and we constantly challenge ourselves to be the very best we can in every aspect of our business. You will be surrounded by some of the best and brightest people in the industry. At Coach, you will be in great company!
The Apparel Sample Manager is an individual contributor who supports the development, production, tracking and organization of Apparel samples. She/he is a member of the Product Development Team.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to...
- Manages the timely production and delivery of all non-development samples including PR, Market Week and Special Projects.
- Establish and Monitor calendars to ensure timeliness of deliverables.
- Critical cross-functional partner for Design, Merchandising, Materials and Technical Teams.
- Establish & Monitor process for the transfer of design information for sampling prior to commercialization handoff.
- Analyze sample Design Cards for clarity.
- Secure sampling materials & trims from local sources.
- Coordinate with internal & local pattern makers to prioritize deliverables.
- Prepare packages of patterns, materials and trims for samples.
- Send or delivery complete sample packages to local sample rooms and Service Providers.
- Visit local sample rooms to review garment production quality and prioritize deliverables.
- Ensure samples meet design intent & Coach quality standards.
- Coordinate the distribution of samples to final destinations.
- Collect and evaluate sample costs.
- Manage sample invoices.
- Manage sample reporting.
- Prepares data for end of season recaps.
- Assist with new systems transition (ecVision).
The accomplished indicidual will possess...
- 5+ years experience in Product Development, local sample production
An outstanding professional will have...
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of the organization
- Relationships with local NYC sample rooms
- Experience securing local materials
- Strong aptitude for and understanding of garment construction
- Eye for aesthetic properties
- Ability to understand factory capabilities to direct sample production into most appropriate locations
- Garment costing knowledge
- Experience working within specific timelines.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong, communication, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for building working relationships within teams
- Strong time management and organizational skills to establish priorities and meet specific timelines
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
- Computer skills, BOM building experience, PLM, Microsoft Access, Outlook, Excel
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
*LI-JW1 Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Coach, Inc. is an American luxury leather goods company that got its start manufacturing small leather goods. Coach is known for ladies'...