Established in 1972, Nutrisystem Inc. (NASDAQ: NTRI), was founded on the principle of helping people change their lives and is now the leading provider of home-delivered weight loss meal plans. Nutrisystem offers balanced nutrition in the form of low glycemic index meal plans designed for men and women, including seniors, vegetarians and the Nutrisystem® D® program for people with diabetes or at risk for type 2 diabetes. In 2012, Nutrisystem introduced a new in-store retail line, Nutrisystem® Everyday products, comprised of nutritionally balanced bars, smoothies, bakery and breakfast items aimed at consumers who aspire to eat healthier.
At Nutrisystem, were committed to helping people change their lives and believe that our dedication to success starts with the people who work for us. Our employees are talented, inspired and driven, in which we strive to maintain a workplace that honors those talents and hard work. Due to the enthusiasm and passion of our employees, Nutrisystem was recently named a National Strategic Partner of the American Diabetes Association, in recognition of its commitment to the mission and goals of the Association.
This position is responsible to manage a team of Quality Assurance Analysts who coordinate software development projects with the design, document and implementation of Quality Assurance methods and systems for all software applications. The manager leads the strategy, planning and scheduling to assure that the development projects meet design specifications and are within total quality management limits and standards. Acknowledge how and why clients use the application, and be proficient in the software applications. Solid understanding of the entire development process, including design, programming and documentation. Ability to comprehend and apply the applications that support ecommerce and supply chain. Expert application in testing software applications according to companys QA process and industry best practices. Establish policies and procedures; to include the development and implementation of QA processes and work with software developers to define software validation, tests strategies and plans. A requirement is be familiar and stay focused on business issues as they impact overall project plans. Identify improvements and include them into the QA process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor or management.
· Develop, publish and implement quality assurance standards and corresponding test plans. Plan, schedule and implement testing software applications.
· Documentation of test requirements, development of test procedures, test execution, and test reporting, per plan and schedule. Work with technical development team in creating test cases and validation of requirements.
· Plan and oversee the execution of automated testing, load and stress testing.
· Verification of functional specifications for completeness and testability prior to the commencement of design and implementation.
· Provide progress reports for all projects and ensures timely and accurate reporting.
· Maintain IT documentation library.
· Develop automated test scripts using Mercury Quick Test Pro, and load and stress testing with Mercury Load Runner.
· Define and track quality assurance metrics. Identify trends and recommend solutions.
· Arrive at budgets for QA portion of projects based on available BRDs and/or Functional Design Documents.
· Monitor team time and maximize capital expense hours in time tracking.
· Monitor, control and report on quality measures and completeness for project deliverables.
· Perform mentoring and training to junior members or project team in quality assurance standards and test execution.
· Schedule and conduct quality review meetings.
· External contact in the development and execution of test plans and cases involving outside vendors and 3 rd party consultants.
· Interaction with internal clients and business owners in gathering requirements and coordinates the execution and signoff of user acceptance testing.
· Solid understanding of the impact of program changes. Ensures that business and functional requirements are traceable to the program changes and have been tested by quality assurance team and business owners/end users.
· Perform lessons learned exercises after major projects to identify areas of improvement and communicate to project managers and development leads.
Qualifications (include Education and specific Experience)
· Solid understanding of the entire software development life cycle process, including requirements, analysis, design, coding, testing, and documentation across multiple development methodologies (e.g. waterfall, iterative, prototyping, agile).
· Sounds understanding of order life cycle management, supply chain logistics and operations, ERP systems, date warehouse and business intelligence reports.
· Advanced troubleshooting skills, than can utilize strong development, testing and process skills and knowledge.
· Experience in all phases of functional, regression, acceptance, configuration, and installation testing.
· Experience with application performance and load testing.
· Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task across several projects.
· Quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment.
· Quick learner and open to new challenges. Willing to learn new applications, research and understand new technologies and train/mentor team as needed.
· Demonstrate a high attention to detail.
· Ability to interact with business owners, end users, project managers, developers, database administrators and system engineers.
· Ability to work with business users to assess criticality of defects and highlight their priority to the development and project management teams.
Education/Experience: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related field.
8+ years experience in requirements analysis, system documentation, development and execution of test plans and test cases for multi-language and multi-platform systems. 3+ years in the management of Software Quality Assurance Analysts.
Computer Skills: Basic level programming skills with languages such as Cold Fusion, Visual Basic, and Java Script and Web based applications. Proficient in SQL language and Microsoft SQL Server. Previous experience with Mercury Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, Mercury Load Runner, and other load/stress testing tools. Experience in testing web-based ecommerce applications on multiple environments. Work with XML and EDI files.
Key Performance Metrics
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate an aptitude for the following:
· Problem Solving -Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyses information skillfully. Works well in group problem solving situations.
· Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
· Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
· Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Maintains a positive and enthusiastic attitude; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Ability to perform in a team oriented environment and is comfortable leading projects to completion.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
· Organizational - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
· Motivation - Strong self-motivation ability; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
May be required to move and sort through various amounts of paperwork and documents that may be in boxes (estimated up to 40 lbs). May be required to work long hours under pressure while resolving critical issues.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is typical of an office environment.
Nutrisystem, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTRI), based outside Philadelphia, is a leading provider of weight loss solutions. Flagship offerings include...