We are currently seeking a Manager, Software and System QA in Clearwater, FL to join our Engineering Services and Support Team. This position will report to the Director, Quality.
Job Title: Manager, Software and System QA
Direct Responsibility for SQA and System QA activities of Petro and InteliNAC/InteliVIEW projects. Direct Responsibility for the SW and System QA of the Mx products line. Highly contributing for the Fusion OS qualification for products other than the Mx. Working effectively with SW development teams and program managers to significantly reduce escaped defects and increase customer satisfaction. Manage the QA teams based in STZ and CLW and matrix managing the Petro and IntelliNAC/IntelliVIEW QA engineers based in RIX and BLR. Preparing and participating in programs weekly calls and monthly program reviews.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Experience:
- This position will provide program management services within the Support and Services organization.
- Directly Manage the US based software and system test teams and ensure that appropriate testing is performed for the Mx product line, Petro product line, and IntelliNAC & IntelliVIEW products, NPI and Sustaining.
- Indirectly manage global (in Latvia and India for a start) software and system test teams supporting these products.
- Develop & drive the execution of above products test strategy and plan.
- Ensure that modern testing methods, tools, and approaches are deployed across the organization.
- Track test team efficiency and effectiveness and implement improvements as required.
- Work with engineering organizations to define and deploy improved methods to reduce the number of defects that reach the software and system test activities.
- Managing performance through setting objectives, providing performance feedback, motivation, coaching and evaluation.
- Develop staff skills and abilities to meet changing business and technology needs.
Skills & Ability:
- BS degree in engineering or related field.
- 10 years' experience in SW Quality assurance, with 5 years proven experience as a team leader and/or a manager.
- Work experience in a global corporate company.
- Experience in embedded systems or mobile products SQA.
- Knowledge and work experience with telecommunication technologies (e.g. WiFi, GPRS, etc.).
- Knowledge and work experience with SDLC and SW development methodologies.
- Knowledge and work experience with QA management tools as well as with Defects tracking tools.
- Knowledge and work experience on payment systems / POS / credit cards – a major plus.
VeriFone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Able to manage and achieve results in an international / multi-cultural environment, with employees and teammates located across several countries/time zones.
- Able to balance multiple competing priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Able to attract, build and retain a team of high-performing individuals; must be adept at assessing, coaching and effectively managing employee performance.
- Able to effectively communicate and deploy a testing and quality assurance vision.
- Able to rapidly and clearly communicate issues, options, benefits, priorities, and recommendations to technical team members and management.
- Able to travel as needed to US and International VeriFone offices, design centers and Customer locations.
- Strong leadership and influence skills.
- Strong listening skills.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills; excellent computer skills.
Verifone - 2 years ago
VeriFone doesn't mind long check-out lines, but it does try to make them move faster. The company is a leading supplier of electronic...