This position is responsible for the execution of merchandise-oriented promotions/events to drive sales within Macy's stores for a geographic region. The position networks and partners with a combination of internal and external resources including personnel in stores as well as the Merchant organization and external community partners and vendors.
Travel requirement: Moderate travel to stores within regional area of responsibility.
- Executes all approved event strategies within the store or market
- Facilitates opportunities for the events to include local vendor and 3rd party income
- Manages relationships with all store teams, vendors, sponsors, internal clients and community partners to form partnerships that enhance events
- Offers creative, relevant and unique event ideas; has the pulse on current events, pop culture and new ideas
- Attends, evaluates and communicates information on competitive events
- Supports administrative tasks as necessary, including writing purchase orders, tracking expenses, following up with vendors, and compiling seasonal forecasts
Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Computer proficiency to include: knowledge of internet/ navigating web, Word and Excel documents and power point a plus.
- Ability to remain flexible to changing business needs and react to those needs in a professional positive manner
- Resourceful self-starter; works well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal, including the ability to present and sell event concepts
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Interpersonal and project management skills
- Ability to work key holidays and off hours as needed
- Must be willing and able to travel to regional store locations as business dictates
- Must possess a valid drivers license
Macy's - 18 months ago
The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates about 840...