EMD Serono, Inc. is a leader in the U.S. biopharmaceutical industry. We have more than 1,000 employees throughout the United States with fully
In reporting to the Director, Specialty Pharmacy Channel,
the Specialty Pharmacy Solutions Manager (SPSM) plays a key U.S.
commercial role in fostering the EMD Serono relationship and
driving business results with Specialty Pharmacy customers. For
assigned specialty pharmacy accounts, lead the implementation and
ongoing oversight of high-impact specialty pharmacy initiatives
related to acquiring and retaining patients.
Identify and execute program strategies and tactics and
ongoing measurement of these programs that will achieve defined
program objectives. Build strong, collaborative relationships
with the specialty pharmacy providers. Work closely with
internal therapeutic areas, patient support centers and analytics
teams to optimize program objectives that include specialty
pharmacy providers. Analyze and monitor specialty pharmacy data
to identify critical trends, measure key performance indicators
and determine potential gaps and opportunities.
compliant marketing programs and interventions that make a
- Responsible for the execution and measurement of
significant impact on unit growth through the specialty pharmacy
the Director of Specialty Pharmacy Markets
- Execute the specialty channel marketing plan with
pharmacy programs that help attract and retain appropriate
- Identify & implement innovative specialty
patients on therapy.
initiatives with specialty pharmacies to ensure successful unit
- Develop and implement high impact launch
growth of EMD Serono therapies.
implementation of various retention and acquisition projects
- Responsible for the detailed management &
within the specialty pharmacy channel for our key brands.
program managers supporting our brands.
- Build strong collaboration with specialty pharmacy
operations teams to ensure successful implementation of specialty
- Build close collaboration with specialty pharmacy
pharmacy contracts and achievement of mutual goals.
teams, such as MS Lifelines, AXIS Center, BI&A, Product
- Build close collaboration with internal functional
Security and IT to ensure successful implementation and ongoing
management of specialty pharmacy contracts and programs
functional groups on continuous quality improvement
- Work with specialty pharmacies and internal
to key quality and performance metrics and overall contract
- Responsible for assigned SPP performance related
relationships between assigned specialty pharmacies and the
- Responsible for building strong, effective working
internal functional groups such as BIA, MS Lifelines and Axis
- Execute and manage new and the renewal of contracts across
New contract implementation
– ensure all components of a contract are being executed timely
Patient Support Center Interface
– ensure internal support centers and the pharmacies are
executing agreed upon Operating Procedures. Includes issue
resolution, pharmacy KPIs, etc. Attend weekly calls as
– ensure pharmacy is submitting timely, accurate and complete
data. Includes working closely with BIA, IT, Support Centers to
assure data integrity.
Therapy Monitoring Experts
– understand the program, the data and tools and deliver the
results. Execute new initiatives related to patient adherence and
solutions with the SPP – including new patient programs, disease
- Implement new approved marketing programs and
awareness, copay programs, support center programs.
customer –review contract compliance, key performance metrics,
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with the SPP
quality of service provided, issue resolution.
Provide TA Field Support
– including executing local SPP strategy that optimizes local
market alignment with SPPs to increase new starts and patient
outcomes. Coordinate with ABD or TA Field Managers
assist in the monitoring and measurement of key performance
- Conduct analysis of specialty pharmacy data to
indicators for the specialty pharmacy channel. Ability to
identify gaps, opportunities, and trend breaks, in data and
builds compliant high impact solutions with sense of
determine if contract strategy is successful
- Analyze product performance across the channel to
motivation and follow-through from cross-functional teams that
- Foster and promote high levels of collaboration,
lead to consistent achievement of specialty pharmacy and overall
managed markets objectives.
and specialty trade meetings (eg. AMCP, PCMA, Armada, etc)
- Represent EMD Serono and participate in industry
Years experience in specialty pharmacy marketplace and 2+ Years
- 5 Years BioPharmaceutical experience, including 2+
experience in biotechnology/injectables market
o defined methodology for managing deliverables,
- Project management expertise
milestones, timelines, and managing teams without direct line
o keen understanding and agility in operations role
- Specialty pharmacy experience
developing and implementing retention and patient education
o Understanding of data submissions via FTP site, field
- Technical and Analytical Expertise
and file layouts, data reconciliation and validation
analyze several data sets to identify key opportunities to assist
- Strong data and analytics capabilities; Ability to
in meeting EMD Serono objectives.
- Executive and business-to-business selling
demonstration of successful results
- Experience negotiating complex contracts with
- Experience in niche market and hyper-competitive
- Experience in highly complex
- Experience working within a highly matrixed
Additional Experience Preferred:
Product Management experience at the Sr Product Manager or
Associate Director level
Knowledge of Oncology market, products, business and
History of successful cross-functional partnerships across
multiple internal stakeholder groups
Medicare Part B reimbursement experience
- Outstanding oral, written and group communication
Excellent selling and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills.
Ability to influence without authority. Ability to access and
- Exceptional leadership and management skills.
collaborate strongly with various functional areas and matrix
layers to motivate group action and obtain desired results.
Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
Superior organizational skills.
- Fine-tuned project and time management skills.
management skills. Ability to make short and long term business
- Strong technical/clinical aptitude.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic business
decisions while recognizing important trends and taking
appropriate risks that enhance the corporation’s position.
analytical sense and ability to understand financial concepts.
- Exceptional financial and business acumen. Keen
Ensures that appropriate financial perspectives are incorporated
in business decisions.
ethic. Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment.
- High energy level, integrity and exceptional work
Quickly fosters mutual trust and respect.
creativity to the organization. Ability to swiftly adapt to a
- Ability to think strategically and bring
changing environment to meet unexpected demands effectively.
High level of resourcefulness.
- Travel Required: Up to 50%
Merck - 16 months ago