Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
The Manager, Strategic Business Develop is responsible for successfully selling and matching YLA domestic transportation such as OTR and Intermodal solutions for mid-level executives with new regional based accounts and/or expanding our service offering with existing regional accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position sells using in depth technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying services to their needs resulting in revenue and profit for YLA
- Performs the functions of key client development.
- Properly qualifying business opportunities with Regional companies or the like; presenting to mid level supply chain decision makers of organization and preparing formal proposals; and leading negotiations, coordinating complex decision-making process, and overcoming objections to closure.
- Strategizing with current and prospective regional customers to diversify our active products and define advantages of dealing with the company.
- Prepares and presents proposals, quotes, negotiates, and recommends services based on customers needs and sales of appropriate services.
- Works with other employees/department to collects delinquent accounts.
- Provides advisory support and assistance to other department members/department manager as needed.
- Attend National Sales seminars, sales meetings, or educational activities to stay up to date on the latest developments, services and other general information of interest to customers.
Education and Experience
Preferred Bachelor's Degree with a preferred 5 years' strong industry experience that could include sales and/or transportation operations.
Domestic Transportation sales experience required, CRM (Customer Relationship Management), use of sales automation tools, and experience with informed decisions based programs with accurate visibility into the sales pipeline will be a plus.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 11 months ago