This is your opportunity to join Trulia, the innovative leader in the online real estate industry. We are a successful company and expanding rapidly. This is a great opportunity to join a team of fun passionate people with a vision to help millions of users make smarter decisions about real estate whether they are renting, buying or already own a home.
Manager, Strategy & Planning
The position is demanding and fast paced, requiring an individual who thrives in a start-up environment. We are looking for smart, dynamic, and assertive employees looking for an opportunity to grow and succeed. This position is based in New York.
You will develop and implement new processes that drive efficiency and scale across the advertiser business. You will be responsible for overseeing the following Sales Operations activities: sales strategy development, sales commissions administration, reporting & analysis, contract and order management, and billing activities. This position is responsible for implementing and managing processes that reduce operating costs while gaining revenue and improving speed and efficiency. Your key operating partners are ad operations, finance & accounting, business insights, and legal. You will drive the creation and implementation of world-class advertiser reporting and insights. Experience analyzing and optimizing business processes at a top-tier search engine, agency, or large performance advertiser is required.
- You are a sales-ops Mensa... and wake up in the morning trying to improve anything and solve problems (you’ve already optimized your commute, for example!)
- You will drive order from chaos in a high-growth team with operational tools & processes
- You will create, maintain and present regular (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) reports as well as develop ad-hoc reports to support strategic planning and support data-based decision making and help upgrade our forecasting tools and methodology
- You will help support the internal rate card ensuring appropriate forward looking pricing strategy
- You are responsible for proactively identify, implement and manage systems and processes that reduce operating costs, increase revenue and improve speed and efficiencies.
- You will be establishing procedures for maintaining high standards of service quality, reliability, and accuracy and promote company-wide quality and service improvement efforts.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent.
- Expert in Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs, and SUMIFS are your friend!) & familiarity with SQL.
- Keen understanding of ad campaign metrics and analysis including; CPM, CPC, and CPA.
- 5+ years experience in Internet industry; ad operations and/or ad-related technical experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills - flexible, personable attitude.
- Ability to perform data deep-dives as necessary and present conclusions to management & demonstrate high-level analysis and thinking.
- Strong decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills with proven ability to identify and prioritize critical issues.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills — you are thoughtful, analytical, and detail oriented
- Excellent project-management and time-management skills with proven ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate complex issues in clear and concise ways to internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to translate strategy into a tactical plan & implement the plan.
Since 2005, Trulia's been focused on building the most vibrant and valuable marketplace in the real estate industry.
Trulia gives home...