This position is located in our Sandy Springs, GA facility.
Position: Manager, Structural and Creative Design
Position Mission / Overview:
The Manager, Structural and Creative Design is responsible for driving packaging innovation projects and core strategic design requests across the beverage categories that lead to successful packaging solutions and commercialization’s. The incumbent leads a team of creative and core strategic structural packaging designers and graphic designers through the innovation process, including concept development, structural package design and graphic design to meet customers’ expectations and business objectives.
Position Responsibilities: include but are not limited to the following.
- Defines and manages the packaging innovation process and coordinates multiple projects simultaneously across the design team and other resources (i.e. packaging development coordinator and integrity testing coordinator)
- Supports and partners with the Director, Global Innovation & Design, to ensure alignment, transparency and support for key projects introduced and led by the Director, Global Innovation & Design.
- Partners with additional key resources across organization, including marketing, project managers. business development and machinery as appropriate to develop concepts and packaging prototypes
- Leads creative application of packaging structural capabilities to develop innovative solutions
- Serves a primary liaison between structural and creative design and packaging machinery where appropriate and where needed
- Monitors design team’s workflow and schedules to maximize resources and output
- Supports the use of an integrated Project Management system (WebCenter) and reviews design activity metrics available through WebCenter, allowing assessment of design activity, customer satisfaction and commercialization results
- Streamlines internal processes to ensure high quality work is completed within project timeline
- Manages project and department budgets as appropriate
- Manages development of packaging structural specifications.
Position Educational Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Packaging Engineering, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or related field, MBA a plus
- CAD system experience a plus
Position Experience Requirements:
- 10 - 12 years creative structural packaging design experience or related field
- Prior experience in partnering with packaging machinery team is preferred
- Demonstrated success in creative project management from conception to implementation
- Proven skills in collaboration and partnering across functions and levels.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams to manage packaging development and execution.
- Experience with paperboard packaging in consumer and beverage product markets is required
- Prior supervisory/management experience
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and sales and listening skills to understand customer needs and effectively communicate to design teams.
- Mentor and develop employees to drive accountability and responsibility across the organization with an end result of improving organizational culture
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. M/F/D/V
Graphic Packaging - 17 months ago
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...