Manager, Substation Engineering Design-25135
Xcel Energy's Substation/ Transmission Engineering and Design group located in Amarillo, Texas has a leadership opportunity. The Manager of Substation Engineering Design is both a challenging and rewarding position for someone who has a strong background within Substations and wants to grow as a leader. In this role, you must have demonstrated ability to coordinate engineering design support for a large capital portfolio.
Provides visionary and strategic leadership while directing substation engineering and design activities for high voltage distribution and transmission substations. Accountable for innovative and cost-effective designs, resident technical matter expertise, and real-time technical support services to construction and operations teams for high voltage distribution and transmission substations. Anticipates and positions the organization to meet future needs in a changing, competitive environment. Accountable for attainment of corporate and business unit goals and objectives. Committed to employee development.
- Accountable for substation engineering & design activities related to: capital projects; equipment procurement, and technical support to construction and operations departments. Manages highly skilled technical groups with responsibility for adherence to industry and corporate design and safety standards.
- Establishes and champions the Unit?s business plan, goals and objectives in line with corporate and business unit strategic goals and initiatives.
- Develops leadership, selects and retains a multi-functional, diversified, well-trained, motivated and empowered workforce. Models innovative approaches. Promotes employee involvement in continuous learning, career planning and enhancing job/industry knowledge and skills. Promotes engineers being professionally registered.
- Responsible for effective, efficient and competitive utilization of resources, with emphasis on safety, timeliness, cost-containment, system reliability, customer satisfaction, optimal asset utilization and compliance with regulations.
- Communicates with and establishes effective working relationships with external entities and internal organizations outside normal span of control to maximize efficiency, responsiveness and resource allocation.
- Works closely with Substation Engineering Design outsourcing manager to optimize utilization of company and consultant resources. Provides ongoing management of controls and measures to evaluate effectiveness of in-house and consultant resources. 15
- Assesses complex competitive technical issues and political/social issues and develops strategies to achieve results that consider the broader perspective of a wide array of stakeholders.
- Represents the company nationally and locally through participation in industry and professional forums in order to stay abreast of emerging industry changes, issues and technologies.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5 years relevant experience in delivery systems engineering, construction and operations
- Licensed PE (Professional Engineer) Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Previous management experience
- Demonstrated specific experience in the area of high voltage substation engineering, to include experience with design projects, substation apparatus, substation technology and standards
Primary Location: TX-Amarillo
Sched ule: Full-time
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Xcel Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NukeWorker.com - 11 months ago