Broad Responsibilities :|
Supply chain responsibilities will include forecasting, planning and scheduling of production at external vendors, including final packaging; inventory control and procurement of raw materials and finished products. Broad responsibility for optimizing all aspects of the Meda supply chain. Project management responsibilities will include leading key project initiatives, facilitating the execution and implementation of all aspects of project team goals and ensure all project tasks and deliverables are met.
Develop a full understanding of the SAP scheduling system and interface with the Decatur plant to ensure that scheduling of the contract manufacturers is co-coordinated.
Structure the products in SAP in conjunction with IT and ensure that they can be tracked in the system at all times. This includes the maintenance of all contact manufactured and in-house product forecasts.
Schedule the contract manufacturers production, track their deliveries and performance.
Work closely with purchasing to ensure all imported bulk, raw materials, and packaging components required to meet site supply schedules and availability.
Ensure that trade and sample inventories of all products are maintained at predefined policy levels.
Develop, maintain and manage effective contract manufacturer relations. Travel to contract manufacturers may be required.
Analyze all elements of the supply chain and make recommendations as to how the process can be optimized.
Ensure that the contract manufacturers are hitting the technology transfer timelines and delivering to plan.
Manage all projects as defined by corporate strategy. Facilitate all project teams and ensure all members are accountable for their individual tasks. Monitor and provide progress updates to upper management and project stakeholders on a routine basis.
Lead new project teams to define the project scope, goals and deliverables. Define project tasks and resource requirements.
Develop and publish full scale project plans and timelines. Conduct routine project team meetings as necessary.
Track project deliverables utilizing appropriate tools. Implement and manage project changes to achieve project outputs. Where appropriate provide post mortem project evaluation and assessment of results and improvements.
The Manager Supply Chain and Project Management must have:
- Excellent understanding of MRP systems and SAP and there use in scheduling.
- Good knowledge of contract manufacturing operations.
- Strong understanding of the S&OP process and its value to the company.
- Pharmaceutical production and/or demand and supply planning experience with hands on S&OP experience.
- Outstanding project management skills with a proven track record of successfully launching new products or SKU’s.
- Good technical and business writing skills
- Demonstrated team orientation, decision-making, problem-solving, organizational and systems-related skills.
- Strong knowledge of Pharmaceutical production supply chain principles as it relates to GMP, FDA, and DEA regulations.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Pharmacy, or a related discipline
Five to six years of career experience and minimum 3-5 years of supply chain or project management experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Meda Pharmaceuticals Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer *