SABIC Polymershapes headquartered in Huntersville, North Carolina is the leading distributor of plastic materials and related products in the Americas serving customers in the image, transportation, industrial, and building and construction markets. Our broad portfolio of trusted brands, coupled with the largest branch network in the industry makes SABIC Polymershapes one of the most respected distributors in North and South America.
SABIC Polymershapes, is a strategic business within SABIC Innovative Plastics, one of the world’s leading providers of advanced engineering thermoplastics with revenues of $6.88B and over 9,000 employees operating in 40 countries. We are backed by our parent company, SABIC – one of the top 10 petrochemical companies in the world, bringing a legacy of material expertise, innovation and unmatched commitment to our customers.
At a time when many companies are rationalizing or retrenching, SABIC Polymershapes is implementing a strategy designed to achieve rapid growth. Founded on four core values – Inspire, Engage, Create and Deliver - we differentiate ourselves on flawless execution, world-class customer support and uncompromising integrity.
The SABIC culture provides a unifying business performance focus and builds on the strengths of our multi-cultural family. Our people are passionate, highly motivated and results-oriented. Their energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to driving performance every day are key to SABIC Polymershapes’ continued growth and success. It doesn’t matter where you’ve come from, as a long as you have a history of success, a strong desire to excel in our business and want to work as part of a winning team to create growth.
SABIC offers a competitive base salary plus incentive compensation and an unparalleled benefits program that includes a pension and 401-K plan with match.
SABIC Polymershapes has a tremendous opportunity for a Manager, Supply Chain - Logistics in Huntersville, NC.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Manager, Supply Chain - Logistics is responsible for ensuring that the company’s logistics processes, systems and structures are aligned with the business strategy and are consistently executed according to “best-in-class” service and efficiency criteria throughout the world.
Responsibilities include: (1) Lead and manage cross-functional productivity efforts and projects for global logistics. (2) Develop and implement optimized warehouse management solutions, including oversight of space/capacity planning throughout the company’s global logistical network. (3) Establish work processes for continuous improvement in the S&OP and customer fulfillment processes using Lean concepts, best practice benchmarking methodology and periodic process assessments. (4) Collaborate across the organization to optimize the supply chain networks for both short-term and long-term improvements.
• Spearhead a logistics strategy in coordination with existing supply base and sourcing team to drive cost efficiency and deliver improved cash flow as it relates to overall inventory spend.
• Lead the optimization of transportation and logistics efforts for the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
• Create network performance metrics (inventory, velocity, cost, risk, agility and flexibility).
• Develop a robust financial model to be used to justify future network changes.
• Provide structured and creative analysis to identify performance improvement opportunities and effectively communicate findings.
• Establish cost effective baselines and targets for each transportation mode.
• Create and train on a cost model for transportation mode selection strategy to deliver cost effective solutions.
• Develop a routing strategy for company-managed delivery trucks that delivers efficiency and high customer service levels.
• Ensure driver compliance for all State, Federal, DOT regulations and requirements and internal safety standards.
• BA or BS Degree or substantial equivalent business experience required
• 10+ year’s progressive experience in transportation, logistics or supply chain management.
• High process orientation and analytical approach to problem solving
• Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization
• Strong Leadership skills
• Strong financial acumen – comfort level developing budgets and identifying variance drivers with ability to course correct
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and ability to execute
• Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams to results
• Results-oriented, strong follow-up skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple and competing priorities.
• Strong personal accountability and track record of establishing aggressive targets and delivering on commitments.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to challenge and “push back” appropriately.
• Travel Required.
• Must submit your application for employment through www.sabic-ip.com /careers to be considered.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must pass a background investigation as part of the selection process
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
• If currently a SABIC Innovative Plastics employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 18 months, have at least a satisfactory rating, and have your manager’s approval.
SABIC Innovative Plastics - 16 months ago