Manages a team of support personnel who assess, troubleshoot, and resolve all computer hardware and software issues. Processes all requests from customers and assigns work to appropriate department and ensures prompt resolution. Implements policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected. Ensures maximum issue resolutions in minimum time. Evaluates new information systems products or services and suggests changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user. Requires at least 7 years of experience in enterprise level environment of 250+ users. Familiar with a variety of computer network, hardware, and software concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals of department. Performs a variety of as needed tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. Required to fulfill on-call duties as needed.
1. Education and Training
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Accounting. Medical- related and business-related courses preferred.
- Relevant work experience may be substitued for up to two years of formal college education.
3. Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- Seven (7) years experience in large networked 250+ PC environment
- Skilled in installing, configuring, customizing, upgrading, testing, and troubleshooting all types of OS, peripherals, and applications.
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, troubleshooting PC hardware/software applications and operating systems, file server hardware/software applications and operating systems, and network routers and switchers, hardware/software.
- Experience using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
- Imaging and remote administration of desktop/laptop computers.
- Ability to analyze complex hardware/software problems and provide solutions.
- Capability to work with managers and end-users, determine their needs and communicate solutions to IT&S departments and outside software vendors
- Flexible, self-motivated, and always looking for better tools for diagnosing and fixing problems.
- Ability to work with Users/Departments to understand their business initiatives and goals as well as their ongoing needs/issues.
Summa Western Reserve Hospital - 14 months ago