Casey Family Programs, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a national operating foundation that provides and improves—and ultimately prevents the need for—foster care. We value a diverse and culturally competent workplace.
This position heads the system administration team which is responsible for installing and supporting all Casey Family Programs servers, network, and video conferencing systems. This is a hands-on position that performs both direct support of server and network infrastructure and supervision of staff.
% of Time
· Supervises the System Administration Team and their workload , including but not limited to: hiring, training, scheduling, coaching, and supervising staff, establishing and ensuring adherence to processes and best practices, delivering performance appraisals, establishing, tracking and reporting on milestones and metrics.
· Provides escalation support to Service Desk and System Administrators for all network and server related issues. Is adept at resolving issues at all layers of the OSI model. Supports all servers and connected infrastructure, LANs/WANs, wireless networks, firewalls, routers, network management and network monitoring tools. Collaborates with coworkers in other disciplines to work together in solving complex technology issues.
· Provide leadership and direction when dealing with system outages planned and unplanned. Performs root cause analysis of service interruptions and implements fixes to improve system performance.
· Ensures operating level agreements are met. Monitors all tickets entering Tier II and escalating to Tier III. Ensures documentation is created and transferred to Tier I to reduce escalations. Identifies, triages, and resolves problems.
· Manages and executes project work on multiple projects with varying scale and complexity. Ensures project management standards are followed on the team and that work is executed in consistent manner that minimizes risk to the business and maximizes value of the solutions.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience plus, 6 years of related work experience, and 2 years of experience managing technical staff is required. Network Administrator certification such as CCNA or equivalent is highly desired. ITILv3 or MOF Certification or willingness to obtain certification within 6 months of hire.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Windows Server, server backup and restore software, Windows Server applications (Exchange, SQL, messaging, e-mail, Web Server), server services, virtualization technologies, Windows desktop OS, Linux OS, capacity monitoring, and disaster recovery.
· Demonstrated skills in a majority of the following: LAN/WAN technologies and protocols (such as SSH, SNMP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Spanning Tree, LAG, VRRP, T1/DS3 circuits, etc.), switches and routers, network security, firewalls, wireless networks, network analyzers/packet sniffers, VPNs and encryption (IPSec, L2TP, SSL), VoIP (MGCP, SIP), Video Teleconferencing (H.323, SIP), network management systems, monitoring and reporting, web filtering, web proxy systems, authentication (AD, RADIUS, LDAP), network quality of service (QOS), bandwidth management, capacity planning, shell and web scripting (bash, perl, php).
· Specific experience with non-Cisco networking solutions is desirable, such as: Juniper switches, VPNs and firewalls; Check Point firewalls; Adtran routers and switches; Aruba Wireless LANs; Websense Web Filtering; SolarWinds Orion NMS; Splunk log management; ShoreTel VoIP systems.
· Highly developed project management skills with previous experience in problem management and resolution.
· Strong leadership and supervisory skills, including relationship building, motivation, coaching, training and skills development, performance evaluation, and conflict resolution and demonstrated project management, analytical, and problem solving skills are necessary.
· The ability to clearly communicate, verbally and in writing, with both technical and non-technical staff is essential.
· Physical requirements include the ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function; ability to occasionally lift up to 75 pounds; occasionally carry up to 25 pounds; sit and stand frequently while completing tasks; walk, climb, bend and kneel and crouch occasionally; and the ability to do frequent overhead and shoulder-level reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping.
Casey Family Programs - 7 months ago