The incumbent in this position is responsible for directing the management and support of the Windows Systems Engineering Team, providing a high-quality, cost-effective processing environment that contributes to achieving corporate and divisional business goals. Work involves providing engineering consulting to propose technology solutions to business problems and assess vendor proposal requirements for adherence to Alliant's technology standards and policies. Resources to do the job require a high degree of knowledge in systems engineering, implementing and supporting Microsoft Server/Exchange Infrastructures and rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The incumbent possesses strong management and relationship building skills and provides vision and proactive/problem-solving skills relating to current and future systems needs. Direction is received from the Vice President of Information Technology.
- Ensures data pertaining to the status of problems and Help Desk service requests is entered into problem tracking systems accurately and promptly on a daily basis; provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog.
- Performance Management Responsibilities:
- Apply great management practices in leading an engaged workforce as defined by Q12 Gallup process to effectively deliver the value of this function.
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis.
- Develop and manage employee engagement strategy while facilitating ongoing, meaningful recognition of team and individual successes.
- Provide leadership and direction to employees to ensure personal growth and goal achievement.
- Manages a team of Engineers to provide daily support and management of complex Windows/Citrix server infrastructure and online banking.
- Duties include but not limited to performance tuning, capacity planning, upgrades and patches, Help Desk ticket resolution, Service Level Agreement monitoring and 2nd level technical support.
- Supports Exchange, Active Directory, and Citrix Infrastructures.
- Supports, maintains, and collaborates with other IT/IS teams to articulate a technical vision that coincides with and fully supports overall business planning process.
- Ensures a stable systems performance environment; undertake performance monitoring/analysis, identifies and resolve bottle-necks, resolves problems, and produces performance reports for management and process owners; provides business application users and management with a well-tuned environment.
- Oversees and manages all initiatives associated with the Systems Engineering team, establishes concise and measurable organizational goals that are consistent in supporting corporate objectives.
- Provides engineering consulting and recommendations for all new IT systems to ensure the interoperability and adherence to Alliant's technology standards and policies of all systems.
- Serves as lead architect for group projects as well as internal IT and business driven initiatives.
- Builds, develops, and manages the Windows Systems Engineering organization, including organizing the development of Operating System technical support, operational software, and server hardware platform capabilities.
- Defines and monitors multiple project priorities and provides technical and administrative supervision; ensures appropriate management is apprised of operational status of projects.
- Provides appropriate hardware/software resources for business applications; performs capacity planning, workload modeling/prediction, and purchasing recommendations for new hardware/software upgrades; provides business applications enough resources for their short-term and long-term growth.
- Ensures environment is updated with current, stable versions of software products; maintains currency with operating system and support software; plan and implements major software upgrades; ensures change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed; provides a current, well-managed operating environment for production processing and application development.
Completion of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and a minimum of five years of IT systems operations experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience. Extensive knowledge of hardware and software in supporting complex server architectures at the enterprise level is required. Hands on technical knowledge and experience with Citrix, Exchange, Windows Server platforms, SANs, etc. and their impact on overall system performance. MSCE, CCA, CCEA certifications desired. Proven ability to lead and motivate people. Experienced in delivering technical releases and projects in a cross-region, multi-time zone environment. A positive, results-focused, ‘can-do' attitude must be maintained and expressed at all times. Must be well organized and detail oriented. Excellent relationship management and customer service skills; be self-motivated and able to deliver to strict schedules, as well as work with and incorporate input from other areas. Ability to communicate and present at all levels of an organization.
Alliant Credit Union - 17 months ago