Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Requisition Number: HR1874
Job Title: Manager, Talent Management
Area of Interest: Human Resources
Career Level: Experienced (manager / supervisor)
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
State / Province: Connecticut
Country: United States Manager, Talent Management
Department: Corporate Human Resources
Reports To: Director, Global Target Setting & Talent Management
HARMAN is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
This position is within HARMAN's Corporate Division, headquartered in Stamford, CT with approximately 14,000 employees around the world. The HR People Continuity team is looking for the ultimate team player and seasoned manager to support Corporate, the Regions and Divisions globally in Talent Management and Talent Acquisition. The Successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success with hands on execution in developing and implementing policies, procedures and processes to meet our business needs globally.
This Manager, Talent Management will have global responsibility to help drive business alignment; supported through frequent regional and divisional interaction with HR colleagues to deliver on Talent Management and Talent Acquisition initiatives. Additionally, this role will have significant focus and impact on project initiatives for the global business.
This role is the only role of its kind in the Corporate office and is a key position to the Global People Continuity Team. The Candidate must lead by example with a ‘get it done attitude' setting. Moreover as part of this nimble team, it is expected as opportunities arise to support our colleagues in areas such as Learning and Development.
- Assist with managing global People Continuity systems
- Drive Global Talent Acquisition branding, compliance, On-boarding and New Hire Orientation processes & support global strategy
- Manage and support various Global Talent Acquisition systems ... Applicant Tracking system & Jobs2Web portal (online recruitment system)
- Project Manager for Staffing iniaitives such as driving global Job Alignment & description database
- Assist with developing HR Dashboard & tracking HR metrics
- Drive coordination of Leadership Development Program(s) ... HLDPs, Internships, etc.
- Assist with Global Talent Management projects as needed
- Assist with managing recruiting function within budget
- Support recruiters in areas using external vendors, data mining, collaboration, social media skills, campus recruiting, etc.
- Develop and assist in go-to-market strategies for talent & external pipeline
- Work with Corporate Continuity team on special initiatives including Target Setting, Learning and Development, Performance Management and Succession Planning to meet business needs
- Provide support for the development and execution of a communication plan to ensure effective two-way communication takes place
- Provide support for the development of annual reviews, staffing, organizational change effectiveness and career pathing tools
- Design and provide services that enable work groups and teams to successfully initiate and manage organizational change and increase performance including team effectiveness, conflict resolution, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or other HR-related disciplines
- At least 4 years of Human Resources experience including HR Generalist, Staffing, Talent Management or Organization Development
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment
- Experience in staffing, leadership development, employee relations, strategic planning, and project management
- Understanding and working in past organizations that have centralized and de-centralized structures as business requirements change
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and perform effectively in a fast-paced matrixed environment
- Clear and strategic thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Office, SuccessFactors and/or SAP
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and balance workload to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and strong follow through required
- Demonstrated leadership, executive presence, problem solving, facilitation, presentation skills and analytical skills
- Act as a Change Management expert and enabler on various projects and programs across the business
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Stamford, CT
- HARMAN will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
Harman International - 22 months ago
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, HARMAN (NYSE:HAR) designs, manufactures and markets premier audio, visual, infotainment and...