The Human Assets team fuels the growth and success of Leadership for Educational Equity (LEE) through fostering extraordinary, diverse talent. We do so by supporting our teams in recruiting, managing, developing, evaluating, retaining and rewarding staff members in order to create a high performance organization that provides outstanding leadership development opportunities.
As a key member of the Human Asset's team at LEE, the Manager of Talent Recruitment and Selection will create and drive the talent building and hiring strategies for emerging and open positions and will work to fill the vacancies through sourcing and cultivating diverse talent, prospect outreach, application review and conducting phone screens. This includes developing solutions aimed at creating efficiencies in the centralized application process, planning and executing marketing strategies, and training staff to make strong hiring decisions.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Skills and Experience
- Creating, innovating, driving and maintaining the strategies, processes and resources to build a diverse talent pipeline and for current and future vacancies;
- Training, developing and investing staff in the cultivation and recruitment of staff prospects;
- Analyzing and tracking the progress of application processes across the organization;
- Reaching out to prospects to compel them to apply for open roles;
- Reviewing staff applications to determine which candidates to move forward in the application process;
- Managing the process and communication to candidates throughout the hiring process;
- Conducting interviews and exploratory conversations to understand a candidate's skills, knowledge, and motivations;
- Selecting top talent for hiring managers to interview by matching candidates to positions that best fit their skills and motivations, including identifying contractors where appropriate;
- Actively participating as a strategic thought-partner with staff to meet goals and providing exceptional support and customer service to these partners;
- Identifying trends in regional and national cultivation data and using them to adjust strategic plan;
- Developing strategies to ensure staff applicants have positive recruitment, interview and hiring experiences.
- Bachelor's degree required with 3 years work experience preferred;
- Experience in human resources or with sourcing and recruiting is highly preferred;
- Exceptional critical thinking and judgment;
- Exceptional organization and project management skills; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume, results-oriented, deadline-driven environment with a sense of possibility, high expectations and an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Strong written and verbal communication;
- Strong customer service ethic;
- Experience in the politics, organizing or civic engagement, and/or non-profit organizations; (501(c)(4) and 501(c)(3)) a plus;
- Deep alignment and understanding of LEE's mission; core values
- Teach For America staff experience preferred.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Leadership For Educational Equity seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter with your application. Apply now at
For more information, please contact
All kids—no matter where they live, how much money their parents make, or what their skin color is – deserve access to a great...