DSW is the destination for savvy shoe lovers everywhere. Aisles are filled with women’s and men’s dress, casual, and athletic shoes in an easy, self-service shopping environment. With a rapidly growing number of DSW stores and leased departments for other retailers, an ecommerce site, and a mobile site, DSW is fast becoming America’s Favorite Place for Shoes! We also hope to become America’s Favorite Place to Work by hiring candidates who exhibit our values: passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility.
The Manager, Tax is responsible for managing the provision and compliance responsibilities for DSW. This person must be hands on and strong in tax accounting for a public company (FAS 109 & FIN 48). Reports to VP, Tax. Manages 2 direct reports. Must possess the ability to:
- Supervise and assist in tax return preparation (federal and state)
- Review account reconciliations, assist in federal and state audits (information requests, protests and administrative appeals)
- Perform research and planning
- Supervision of income tax function and some assistance on sales and use tax function. The sales and use function includes audits, appeals and notices and remittances as well as PPT and business license oversight.
- Develop talent, as well as become a leader in implementing change in the company.
- 7-10 years’ experience managing tax function in a publicly traded company
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- CPA, required
- Software experience with Insource, Hyperion and Lawson a plus.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or business related field, preferred
- MBA or Masters in Tax, preferred
WHERE SHOE LOVERS SHOP. WHERE SHOE LOVERS WORK.
DSW Inc. is a leading branded footwear and accessories retailer that offers a wide selection of brand name and designer dress, casual and...