The Manager Technical Services & DOT Compliance reports directly to the Director, Pipeline Technical Services and will play a key role providing regulatory support with integrity oversight to the pipeline and will oversee the company Pipeline Integrity Programs (IMP).
The Manager, Technical Services & DOT Compliance is responsible for providing DOT compliance support and technical support to Corporate and field operations by (including but not limited to), reviewing field activities for compliance and identify opportunities for improvement; reviewing performance and compliance with O&M and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and providing technical support; reviewing construction and maintenance capital projects for DOT regulatory compliance and opportunities to make recommendations for improvements; providing review and field validation of drawings and validation of map accuracy; performing internal DOT compliance audits at Corporate and field operations; initiating, managing, and completing improvement projects for systems utilized in field operations and compliance (such as Asset Management, SCADA and GIS); providing support to the company Operator Qualification program; providing support to the company Damage Prevention and Public Awareness plans; and provide training of personnel for compliance and operations.
The Manager, Technical Services & DOT Compliance is an expert in their field, and requires minimal supervision while completing assigned duties. The Manager, Technical Services & DOT Compliance works in both corporate office and field operation environments with all levels of the organization, is capable of analyzing problems from multiple perspectives, and provides innovative solutions to operational, compliance, and project challenges.
The Manager, Technical Services & DOT Compliance may be periodically assigned duties in addition to those recorded here as the needs of the organization require.
The Manager, Technical Services & DOT Compliance must have knowledge of pipeline engineering, pipeline integrity principles, pipeline compliance, corrosion mitigation practices, and pipeline operations. Knowledge of pipeline compliance must include in-depth knowledge of compliance requirements in accordance with DOT Part 192. The Manager, Technical Services & DOT Compliance should be familiar with GIS systems from a user standpoint. The Manager, Technical Services & DOT Compliance must be familiar with applicable DOT, EPA, and OSHA regulations and should be familiar with applicable industry standards such as API and NACE standards. The Manager, Technical Services & DOT Compliance should be familiar with document management processes.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties
1) Review, update, maintain and ensure implementation of requirements for all DOT compliance manuals, including but not limited to; Operations & Maintenance Plan, Integrity Management Plan, Operator Qualification Plan, Damage Prevention, Public Awareness, Pipeline Standard Operating Procedures, and Security Plan.
2) Execute the company Integrity Management Plan:
a) Manage Integrity Management Program Risk model, issue timely, accurate reports internally and externally.
b) Coordinate with GIS Analyst to ensure that all data required for compliance and integrity management are entered in the GIS.
c) Maintain knowledge of assessment methods and ILI tools, recommend assessment methods to address identified threats.
d) Plan and implement periodic pipeline assessments utilizing third party assessment vendors.
3) Work closely with operations personnel, environmental, engineering and support personnel to promote regulatory compliance, including DOT and State regulations on a variety of maintenance and maintenance capital projects.
4) Provide technical knowledge and decision making capabilities to analyze a variety of pipeline system problems to include, but not limited to, pipeline operations, encroachments, corrosion, measurement and compliance.
5) Research and evaluate operational requirements, performance, and safety and DOT regulatory compliance of pipeline equipment, meter and regulating stations and corrosion control systems.
6) Collaborate closely and facilitate activities with Pipeline Projects and LNG terminals management and technical services team.
7) Develop procedures to improve processes, program efficiencies, and reliability.
8) Manage projects and other pipeline system assets as directed by Director, Pipeline Technical Services
9) Prepare budgets, operating plans, and schedules; execute on plan and budget.
1. Education and Certifications: Bachelor's degree in engineering, Engineering Technology or relevant technical discipline; focus on mechanical and electrical engineering is a plus. NACE certification is a plus.
2. Experience: At least five to ten years of extensive natural gas industry experience in various technical support roles including maintaining compliance with CFR Title 49, Part 192 for Interstate Transportation Pipellines; and managing and implementing Integrity Management Plans, pipeline integrity assessments, follow-up verification and anomaly delineation and repairs. Experience with DOT Pipeline Safety Regulations, CFR Title 49, Part 190, 191 and 192 is required. Experience in Corrosion mitigation engineering and pipeline operations is a plus.
a. Good organizational and scheduling skills and ability to manage and complete activities on multiple projects concurrently; ability to adjust priorities in response to a highly dynamic environment and focus on results.
b. An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
c. Effective communicator at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries, the public and governmental agencies.
d. Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
e. Able to manage schedules and produce results with minimal supervision.
f. Highly proficient with computers and productivity software including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint).
Cheniere Energy, Inc. - 20 months ago
Cheniere Energy, Inc. is a Houston-based energy company primarily engaged in LNG related businesses, and owns and operates the Sabine Pass...