Manager, Technical Support and Applications
The position reports to the Senior Director of Technical Services and serves as a key member of the Global Services leadership team. This is a hands-on position. The incumbent will be expected to have direct involvement in all aspects of delivery of technical support and managing escalations.
We're seeking a candidate with a technical background and strong people management skills to manage, coach and mentor technical support representatives. In addition to managing the daily operations of support services, you'll be involved in tracking and monitoring performance statistics. You'll also manage customer situations that are escalated to you and will work with other departments to resolve customer issues that require code or product changes.
The ideal candidate should have experience with running a support center that may be geographically dispersed. Experience with Knowledge Management and Knowledge Centered Support paradigm is a definite plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage technical support staff including hiring, coordinating training and performance evaluations
- Potentially manage multiple teams that are geographically dispersed and provide applicable direction.
- Train/mentor existing Tech Support team to improve product knowledge and resolution communication skills
- Motivate and inspire employees to continually strive for a world class customer support experience
- Allocate resources to maximize team performance
- Analyze trends and manage the internal/external escalation and customer contacts.
- Monitor and report internal and external performance metrics and make recommendations for improvements
- Ensure that all calls, tickets and emails are logged in the ticketing systems and resolved quickly
- Work with other managers and the support team to implement new procedures and processes
Customer Satisfaction and Service Level Agreements
- Ensure that customers receive timely and accurate technical support resulting in customer delight
- Manage the resolution of customer escalations, work with the support team to deliver potential solutions
- Create and enforce service level agreements
Processes and Systems
- Work with other members of the GS and ShoreTel team to define and implement strategies, processes and systems that will grow and mature ShoreTel TAC in the shortest possible time
- Develop and/or enhance best practices, processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of technical support delivery
- Mentor and coach team members to actively participate under the Knowledge Centered Support paradigm
- Develop and/or enhance best practices, processes and procedures to implement the Knowledge Centered Support model in technical support organization
- Ensure that knowledgebase are updated with pertinent articles
- 12+ years of professional experience in customer support preferably in the communications industry.
- 5+ years experience of demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Experience with collaborative management and coaching style capable of managing others in rapid and constant change
- Proven mentor and motivator with a clear understanding of the support requirements, customer base and challenges facing a fast growing company
- Experience with running a support center that may be geographically dispersed and/or partially outsourced
- Solid knowledge of networks, contact centers, PBXs, voice mail technologies, with practical experience in support in these areas is required
- Ability to analyze and enhance best practices, processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of services delivery
- Must have strong interpersonal relationship skills with a proven ability to influence, work , establish and maintain influential relationships with sales teams, channel partners and end customers
- Self-motivated, flexible and results driven
- Passion for delivering customer satisfaction
BS / BA preferred
ShoreTel - 13 months ago