Cisco seeks a Manager of Technical Support to lead teams of customer support engineers that deliver Remote Management Services (RMS). The manager handles escalations and assumes ownership for the end-to-end customer experience. Serving in a liaison role, the manager creates a bridge that connects the technical and business perspectives of customer engagements.
The ideal candidate demonstrates knowledge of Cisco processes and team dynamics across the organization, as well as the superior coaching and motivational skills required to engage, develop and retain top talent on a high-performance team.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Supervises the activities of a 24x7x365 network operations team with responsibility for results in terms of customer service satisfaction.
- Workload management among team members, including implementation of innovative ticket/case management techniques.
- Mentors other managers in management and Cisco practices.
- Assumes leadership role in Cisco Services or cross-functional teams to drive service delivery and/or product improvements.
- Represents Cisco RMS in Executive Briefings.
- Participates in major cross-functional projects affecting Cisco business, product, or service leadership.
- Identifies and works on issues that affect worldwide TAC & RMS teams.
- Provides management guidance to all levels of exempt employees on accomplishing goals.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on attainment of objectives and overall success of department.
- Manages CSEs of all levels, geographies; generally responsible for a team of 10 to 15 + people.
Typically requires BSCS or BSEE or equivalent plus 10+ years-related experience.
- Must understand and have worked in an operational environment such as a NOC or IT for 5-10 years
- Demonstrated leadership experience in the area of Network Operations
- Proven planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Experience with developing and presenting customer consumable reports on Operational performance and efficiency
- Demonstrated drive for continuous learning, results-orientation, and teamwork
- Ability to drive change through innovation & process improvement
- Ability to manage projects and drive action items with customers and cross-functional peers
- Proven crisis management skills
- Build internal and external client relations
- Professional & concise communication (written & verbal)
This position must reside in RTP, NC.
- Possess 2 to 4 years-prior management experience (desirable)
- Certifications: ITIL
Cisco Systems - 21 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...