Job Title: Manager III Technical Support
Reporting Organization: WebEx
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
The Cisco WebEX organization is seeking a seasoned Manager of Technical Support to join the WebEx organization that is responsible for providing technical support for Cisco GET and mid-market accounts on a global scale. This is rewarding opportunity and stepping-stone for a career oriented individual who is seeking an opportunity to pursue an executive level position within Cisco Systems.
The key functions for this position include:
- Manage, motivate and counsel a team comprised of 40-50 Technical Support Engineers and 3 Managers to exceed department standards for Customer Satisfaction, productivity and quality.
- Working in a 24x7 environment, the Manager is a key resource for Cisco Webex to deliver best of class customer services.
- Build and implement new service delivery models with global enterprise theater accounts
- He / she will be a part of the global Tech Support operations management team and is expected to understand global best practices for customer contact centers and learn quickly the unique business needs of Cisco Webex customers, worldwide.
- The Manager shall coach, train and motivate a team of Managers, Supervisors and Engineers to drive better satisfaction for the global customers of Webex.
- The Technical Support Manager is also responsible for managing the team as per Cisco’s business practices. He / she is expected to be a good people manager.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Understands the services delivered by Webex and the business processes within the Technical Support Organization.
- Works closely with other key leaders in the CSG org and collaborates for sharing and learning best customer practices.
- Ensures that the team is ahead of all the changes / improvements in service offerings.
- Co-ordinates with the training function to ensure that all the resources are adequately trained on existing and forthcoming services.
- Maintains an excellent and conducive work relationship with the leaders in the organization and extends support where ever needed/
- Manages employee career development and employee performance management processes. Understands and aligns with Cisco’s employee management practices.
- Engages with customers and Sales and Customer Services Managers as and when needed.
- Key point of contact for HR, Finance and payroll for employee issues.
- Reviews daily/weekly/monthly performance statistics for the department and takes action as appropriate.
- Deliver focal performance reviews and address career related development issues.
- Holds regular meetings with team to discuss current issues and department performance, and implements / improves employee reward and recognition programs.
- Directly responsible for ensuring that the department meets the required performance metrics and other customer focused goals.
- Develop, document and distribute procedures for technical support.
- Work with field readiness teams to ensure technical support preparedness for new product/SW launches.
- Partner with Training and the Quality Assurance team to develop and execute training programs.
- Work with Knowledgebase team to continually enhance the on-line information for the Tech Support Representatives
- Be a key participant in the recruitment and interviewing process for new TSE staff.
- Participate in delivering and exceeding customer service level commitments.
- Research and resolve customer inquiries including customer follow-up and appropriate escalation when necessary.
- Communicate and work effectively with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Handles complaints, settles disputes, and resolves grievances and conflicts.
- 10- 12 years experience and at least 5+ years as a Manager in a Technical Support or Technical Service delivery environment, preferably managing more than 25 people.
- Demonstrated experience in managing diverse teams and building an inclusive environment, conducive to professional growth and best of class customer and employee experience.
- Must have demonstrated skills in managing the frontline customer support organization. A Demonstrated ability to innovate and execute on path breaking – disruptive business process remodeling assignments will be a key qualification for this role.
- Experience in delivering services to large Enterprise customers.
- Must have 2+ years experience in managing globally distributed large teams working in a demanding and business critical support environment.
- Must have an experience in closely collaborating with Sales, Customer Services and other customer facing functions to achieve and deliver winning solutions to the customers.
- Demonstrated excellence in senior level leadership roles.
- Effective listening and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Strong understanding of analytical methods and data modeling is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated time management skills. Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic and demanding environment.
- Needs to understand Technical support processes
- Experience working in a fast paced support environment
- Experience Managing Global support
Cisco Systems - 20 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...