Proofpoint, Inc is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, flexible, team-oriented Manager, Technical Support, to play a significant role in the refinement of our support strategy and maintenance of a high level of customer satisfaction for our existing customers.
This position will oversee a team of Level 2 Technical Support Engineers, managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization and resolution of escalated customer help requests, including monitoring, tracking and coordination of Support resources.
- Manage Support Engineers that respond to situations where standard procedures have failed to isolate or fix problems in non‑functioning systems or software.
- Work with the team to ensure consistently positive customer experiences with the highest level of customer service, provided in a friendly, collaborative, and resourceful manner.
- Drive customer escalations to resolution by leading and engaging with customers directly.
- Work with interdepartmental teams to ensure that critical issues are documented and escalated in an expeditious manner for resolution.
- Determine why customer issues needed to be escalated to enhance department learning opportunities.
- Continually seek to identify opportunities for internal and customer related process improvement.
- Plan and develop support metrics, reporting tools, tracking tools and infrastructure, to ensure all department activities are process driven.
- Report weekly on customer/departmental top issues, hiring and on-going projects.
- 5 + years experience with managing world-class support teams and creating processes that lead to an efficient customer support organization.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage customer expectations.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to self-direct, multi-task and prioritize job requirements.
- Strong knowledge of customer relationship management software and metric reporting.
- Knowledge of email privacy/protection, cloud services, software as a service (SaaS) is preferred.
Proofpoint - 17 months ago